Page 1 of 1
Extracting Maps
Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:44 am
by Waltz
Is there a way to extract a picture of a map?
I am thinking the likes of global conflict or FITE it would be useful to have a copy of a map I can doodle on for keeping track of stuff
RE: Extracting Maps
Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:54 am
by Shadrach
Well there's the 'save map as' function on the File menu. But last I tried, the jpg came up mostly white, and the png one didn't work at all.
Probably also you could load a map into editor, and do something there.
RE: Extracting Maps
Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:00 am
by sPzAbt653
What he said, plus I may not have explored all options yet, but so far I have used a screen shot of the Jump Map for some purposes. Of course, if it is a smaller scenario, then it is too small to be of use.
RE: Extracting Maps
Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:29 pm
by jreebel
I tried the movie option and my mpg file shows nothing but place names. Is this because I have them set to float?
RE: Extracting Maps
Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 pm
by michacey
If you are running on Windows, you could use the "Snipping Tool" which would allow you to take a picture of whatever is on your screen.
RE: Extracting Maps
Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:07 pm
by sPzAbt653
ORIGINAL: jreebel
I tried the movie option and my mpg file shows nothing but place names. Is this because I have them set to float?
My brain eluded me on that one [:(] You are correct, Movies do not work either. I removed that part from my post, thanks and sorry for wasting your time.
RE: Extracting Maps
Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:59 pm
by Meyer1
The saving of the map as an image is broken and the devs knows about it. Wait for the patch...
RE: Extracting Maps
Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 am
by Waltz
I went with the snip tool in the end