Page 1 of 1

Can you buy this game somewhere?

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 6:06 pm
by LT Vyktum
I guess I should have retitled my last post(earlier today) I got the game with an issue of PC magazine...I couldn't get it to work...I guess it was because it was a beta(or just a bad disk)..I could load it..start it..I would get the intro(comp.logos ETC.) then it would go to SPWAW screen(you know the part where it looks like the screen is burning away)..then to credits..and then back to start option screen..no option to start the campaign/scenario or anything(besides the play spwaw option screen)..so someone said update it to 4+..ok, did that..same thing...PC magazine said they can not do anything..sorry..yeah right...well anyway..I have tried to d/l the whole game..unfortunatly no luck..it would take 2 days...so can you buy it somewhere? I have the newest versions of drivers..direct x...tried start it mech. so this is my last chance to play this cool game.

------------------
Roses are red..violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic..and so am I.

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 6:34 pm
by Tankhead
Hi LT Vyktum!

No you can't buy this game anywhere, but if you ask someone on this forum they might be willing to burn you a CD. There was a few good souls that have done it for fellow gamers in distress. I can't help you there, I don't have a CD burner. Image

------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 7:26 pm
by O de B
Maybe you should take another chance of answer by posting into the tech forum...
I think your problem comes rather from your config than a bad disk.

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 7:34 pm
by Wild Bill
Put out a separate post asking for someone to help you by burning you a complete CD, with the updates, Lt Vyktum.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is that you are having. It is not a general one, and that makes me wonder if there is something in the process or the downloads that is causing the problem.

Just ask for some kindhearted SPWAW soul to send you a disk. Of course I know you will reimburse them for their cost of Cd and postage.

It's a little extra work, but it is worth it, I assure you.

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 12:06 am
by ARIS
Why don't you ask the magazine that had the CD if other users had problems? If they didn't have, then something is wrong with your PC/setup. If they had, then why not trying to download the game? Many ISP's offer background download, that is, they download large files for you,and then you can get them from their servers with your modem (in this case, this will be much faster for you since I was downloading the game with an average of 3kb/sec and I can get up to 6kb/sec from my ISP,56K modem). Use the shareware version of getright, and download it overnight (or over 2 nights, it wont take more than 20 hours and 5-6 dollars for the phone bill). Use some automatic-reconnect utilities etc etc in case your PC has problems when you sleep.

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 12:12 am
by LT Vyktum
PC said they had problems with certain number of discs..I have get right and I have a real old 26 modem..PC said they were sorry, but there was nothing they could do. Luckily a SPWAW gamer offered to send me a complete game...so thanks again everyone for your help and patience.