Page 1 of 1
Twilight Struggle
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:33 am
by demyansk
Does anyone on the forum play this game? I tried it a few times and lost. I was wondering if anyone else plays and has any suggestions. Thanks
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
by TulliusDetritus
Excellent AAR made by CarnageInc:
tm.asp?m=4066284
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:23 pm
by rocketman71
Also check the game out at Boardgamegeek - I'm sure there are plenty of strategy guides there. IIRC I downloaded some when I got the boardgame.
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:34 pm
by demyansk
Thanks for the link, game is confusing
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:40 pm
by budd
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:34 pm
by wodin
I get totally battered playing the PC version.
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:41 pm
by Rosseau
I've never won and doubt it's worth the time and effort educating myself on how to play the game. Too many other things to do that matter [;)]
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:20 pm
by ezzler
i win about 50-50.
hardcore players will tell you the AI sucks. but it gives me a challenge.
TS is the number one boardwargame on boargamegeek and the best selling title of GMT games.
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:16 pm
by rocketman71
The best way to get better at the game is to really learn the pros and cons with all cards and how to use them best. And I found that it can only be achieved by playing as much as possible. It helps to play the same side many times and then switch and play the other side. How to use DEFCON to make life worse for the oppo is key, ideally trapping them in a DEFCON loss.
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:45 pm
by Rosseau
If TS is the best selling board game at GMT, I'm not missing anything as a computer gamer [;)]
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:02 pm
by ezzler
I can't make you like it.
But if you have it, you should try it again.
Tip: Don't worry about France as the allies or the communists. The French will always let both sides down.
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm
by Queeg
TS is a great game. I like it because winning is a challenge.
I think the general consensus is that the game is slanted toward the Soviet side. i usually play with a +1 influence advantage to the US side (which gives the US one additional influence point in the first round).
I learned the game by reading all the links here:
https://twilightstrategy.com/ Good analysis of the various cards and other strategy tips.
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:02 pm
by wodin
Honestly toptally different experience beig around a table playing a wargame. Also solo games like Fields of Fire are superb and in my opinion you are missing out here.
ORIGINAL: Rosseau
If TS is the best selling board game at GMT, I'm not missing anything as a computer gamer [;)]
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 pm
by demyansk
I am reading the guide, I just get confused about ops, events and when why to use cards. Ill just have to play
RE: Twilight Struggle
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:52 pm
by Rosseau
It takes some thought, which is always difficult for me [;)]