Page 1 of 1
Korea campaign for SP:WaW?
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 12:16 am
by matt404
Hello,
I was wondering if Matrix Games or any one else had plans to add a Korea campaign or such to the game? I'd like to see a Korea addon to the game, I think it'd be great. Maybe some of you feel the other way... but still. You've probably already answered this question, and if so, please don't be harsh... this is my first time on here
Mat
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 5:16 am
by New York Jets
Originally posted by Mat:
Hello,
I was wondering if Matrix Games or any one else had plans to add a Korea campaign or such to the game? I'd like to see a Korea addon to the game, I think it'd be great. Maybe some of you feel the other way... but still. You've probably already answered this question, and if so, please don't be harsh... this is my first time on here 
Mat
You are quite correct. I asked this same question a bit back and Mr. "Wild Bill" Wilder replied that some Korean War scenarios were "in the works". I can't wait for some, myself. Especially from the very early part of the conflict, leading up to the encirclement and defense of the "Pusan Perimeter".

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 1:54 pm
by Timo
Yeah, I also requested some scenarios a while back, and hopefully now that "The Hated Hurtgen" is out Mr. Wilder will have the time to fill our requests. Also Warhorse was making a scenario on Korea.
a Korea mod would also rule :p
Timo
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:06 pm
by sami heimola
Yes, Korean War has always interested me. So you get my vote for scens/campaign about it

. Hmm... Russian OOB could be used as North Korea and US OOB as itself and South Korea. Years 1946-49 could use for 1950-53. It could be nice to have Vietnam mod in SPWAW too

, isn't it? But it will need helicopter class to editor (if it's not already there?). Any comments?
Sami
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 10:06 am
by Randy
Sami, some of this was to have been covered in the SPMW, which has been canceled. It will eventually be covered in the Combat Leader game. But I agree that Korean scenarios could be covered w/ SPWAW since most of the weapons/oob are the same. I will be looking forward to this also.
Semper Fi
Randy
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 5:04 am
by Big Bill
I have played several Korean war campaigns
with TOAW ( opporational Art Of War ) and found it very interesting. A SPWAW campaign would be welcome by me.
Bigbill