Page 1 of 1

AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:40 pm
by ringerthrawn
Did they turn off this upgrade during some previous patch?

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:49 pm
by crsutton
Very vague and general questions. Be a little more specific please. A few Aks can be converted to ARs that I recall. Not all or many for that matter. I don't think there has been any change to that in any patch or mod.

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:14 pm
by ringerthrawn
Well, I remember in the past being able to upgrade US AKs to ARs. I can't seem to do that anymore. I am using a stock scenario, US Full Campaign (Quiet China). I was just curious as to if others had noticed if this upgrade path had been removed.

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:22 pm
by btd64
There are xAK's that upgrade to AG's or AKE's, But I haven't seen an AR conversion. Matbe in WITP, but not in AE....GP

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:28 pm
by ringerthrawn
Now that would make sense. I had the original game but of course now play AE. Thank you.

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:46 pm
by rustysi
I know there are a number for the Japanese that can. Don't the Allies get a number of AR's as reinforcements throughout the game?

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:21 pm
by btd64
Reinforcements yes, Conversions no. One exception, RHS. Their is one allied ship that converts to an AR. I don't remember from what though....GP

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:28 pm
by Jorge_Stanbury
Allies get enough ARs, not to mention that eventually they will get those big ARD floating dry docks

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:25 pm
by crsutton
ORIGINAL: rustysi

I know there are a number for the Japanese that can. Don't the Allies get a number of AR's as reinforcements throughout the game?

Yes, they come as reinforcements for the Allies. They get about a dozen or so.

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:50 pm
by rustysi
They get about a dozen or so.

Really, that's all? I would have thought it'd be more. Do they start with many. I know Japan gets two at start (Scen1). I convert about 15 more later, but the vessels that'll convert for Japan are among her best cargo ships so its hard to do more. I would like to have about 2-3 dozen.

RE: AK -> AR?

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:19 pm
by LargeSlowTarget
In stock scen 01 the Allies start with 3 AR and get 18 AR and 5 ARD as reinforcements.

In DBB they start with 3 AR and 8 ARD and get 18 AR / 22 ARD as reinforcements.