Page 1 of 1
manual ommission
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 5:41 am
by snowman
Hi,
Can anyone point me in the direction to find out how to set AI level and Scroll Delay?
I haven't found it in the manual at all.
Thanks.
Mike
------------------
United States Navy (Ret) 1979-1982
Aviation Machinists Mate 2nd Class
VT-23, HS-1, USS Carl Vinson CVN70 (Plank Owner)
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 5:59 am
by Wild Bill
I could not find it either, Snowman. I've never changed AI setting. I leave it as is. I guess higher makes it tougher.
Scroll delay is in preference window. I set mine at 2, and find it works well on my computer. The higher the number, the slower the scroll...Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 6:12 am
by snowman
Boy that was quick. Ok, it was a manual ommision.
Figured out what the delay was for after you post. Sure did hate see the screen go zipping by.
Hopefully the answer about the AI will come up.
Mike
------------------
United States Navy (Ret) 1979-1982
Aviation Machinists Mate 2nd Class
VT-23, HS-1, USS Carl Vinson CVN70 (Plank Owner)
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 5:53 pm
by BA Evans
The AI setting will give the AI and advantage. The game does this by increasing the AI's experience for each of its units.
The AI setting does not give the AI more troops, it just makes the AI troops more experienced.
BA Evans
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 9:20 pm
by snowman
Ok, thanks guys.
So far I like what I see. I haven't played the game much, though. I have SPI & SPIII (I think) some where and played those alot. I even have some of the scenario disks that Nova games put out. Sure loved those desert battles.
Mike
------------------
United States Navy (Ret) 1979-1982
Aviation Machinists Mate 2nd Class
VT-23, HS-1, USS Carl Vinson CVN70 (Plank Owner)
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 1:10 am
by Wild Bill
On this forum we don't play
Even if we don't know, we'll tell you quickly
We have a few desert scenarios in the game and in the Scenario Depot. More will be coming. Have you played Supercharge (the

BIG one) yet? I think you will enjoy it.
We hope to get a desert campaign ready before the end of the year.
Which would you rather be, Commonwealth or Axis?
I remember well the Novastar days...cut my teeth on SP while doing 19 scenario disks for old David Landrey. It was a fun time.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games