Page 1 of 1
Battlefield - Vietnam
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2000 8:56 am
by Wild Bill
An excellent 10 or 11 part series on Vietnam is airing on the Discovery Channel. Each episode is two hours long.
I bought these videos from Time-Life, so save yourself some money and catch them if you can. Even if your primary interest is WW2, you will learn a lot from these. They are very well done, in the style of the WW2 Battlefield series.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 1:32 am
by skukko
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
An excellent 10 or 11 part series on Vietnam is airing on the Discovery Channel. Each episode is two hours long.
I bought these videos from Time-Life, so save yourself some money and catch them if you can. Even if your primary interest is WW2, you will learn a lot from these. They are very well done, in the style of the WW2 Battlefield series.
Wild Bill
yup. Did you notice Tanks!- series? Same channel.
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 7:26 am
by Latka
Awwww damn. I thought WB was announcing his latest campaign
-Andy
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 10:06 am
by Wild Bill
Just wait till I get that SPMW and we'll have a whole campaign series, one focusing on each of the following(1)Choppers-airmobility (2) armor (3) River Rats...How's that for coverage?...
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 1:04 pm
by The MSG
How aboutone from the NVA/VC side?
------------------
The MSG
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 2:08 pm
by ncpanther
When are these shows airing?? I aint seen them advertised!
------------------
NC
Airborne Sappers Lead the way!!
SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 3:50 pm
by Wild Bill
They'll probably air them once a week. The first volume was shown here on Monday at about 9PM EST and again at around Midnight, EST.
Check the listings for next Monday. I'll get the TV guide and see if it is listed.
WB
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 6:56 pm
by Viriato
I´m new here , SPMW ? If that's something like SP but in the vietnam conflict I can't wait , I bought SP2 just because of that war ( the sad thing was that it didn´t had any specific campaign about that ).
So if you're doing that count me in for anything you need ...
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 7:45 pm
by yegor21
Originally posted by Viriato:
I´m new here , SPMW ? If that's something like SP but in the vietnam conflict I can't wait
viarito SPMW is a new game that matrix will hopefully finish by 2001.Its the same as SPWAW but the game starts from 1950 and ends at 2010.Thank you Matrix!
------------------
Ruski General Yegor
Yegor21@hotmail.com
Im making a web page any help or tips on how to make it like matrix web page.
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2000 9:13 pm
by Wild Bill
Viriato, have you visited our Scenario Depot for SP2? There are a bunch of good Nam scenarios, including a complete series on the Silver Bayonet Campaign. Others are there for Tet, and Korea, even Desert Storm.
Go shopping over there. They are free and I think you will enjoy them in SP2. You'll find dozens of them.
http://www.thegamers.net/scenarios/index.html
Just go here, find the SSI list and go to SP2. Good hunting!...Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 2:20 am
by Viriato
thanks Yegor21 and thanks Wild Bill , I do believe i´ll go browsing over there ( finally i'll get my combat assaults and my firebase defenses ....).
on the other hand if you need any help on the new game like photos , maps , testing , whatever... just drop me a line .
Here in portugal on the war for the independece of our colonies we had our Nam ...same weapons , same jungle , same tactics , just diferente ideas and diferent people . I got a ton of books on jungle fighting , most of them 1st person accounts , so like i've said , just drop a line...
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 8:13 am
by Wild Bill
I will indeed, my friend. Thanks. Does your e-mail have a line between dust and off?
I can't tell. I'll be in touch.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 8:21 am
by Randy
Wild Bill, what more can we ask for? Combat video on TV and SPW@W/SPMW. I just need the
the smell of napalm in the morning!! Thanks
Semper Fi
Randy
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 8:25 am
by Wild Bill
It's just getting better all the time, Randy!Ain't it great to be in this electronic age!
I was around long before internet, computers VCRs, shoot...I was here when TV came on the scene.
So you know I'm having a blast! Sure beats listening to "The Shadow," "The Lone Ranger," and "Inner Sanctum" on the radio
The Ancient Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games