Page 1 of 1

Is there a way??

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 am
by Charbroiled
Damn...are you people still here? I played this game quite a bit back in the day and went cold turkey around 2012. Not sure if I was very memorable, but I was also a fairly regular forum junkie at the time. I see some familiar names still posting on this site. [&o] (Hey all!!)

Anyway, my question:

I got the game up and running an everything seems to work well, but is there anyway to make the map a little smaller so that it covers more land? I am an old fart with eyes going bad, but dang!!! I don't really need it that big.

It seems like there was a way back when I played it before (extended maps???), but maybe my memory is going bad as well in my old age.

My switches: -f –pxf1920 –pyf1080 -deepColor -dd_sw -archive -multiaudio -altFont -skipVideo

RE: Is there a way??

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:39 am
by Canoerebel
Hey, Charbroiled. I remember you. There are still a lot of old timers around, and others that pop in and out repeatedly, with large gaps between visits. You haven't been forgotten!

I can't help you, 'cause I'm a tech dunce, but others will come along in short order and fill you in.


RE: Is there a way??

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:51 am
by John 3rd
Dan is a very OLD timer...
[:'(]

RE: Is there a way??

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:00 am
by Charbroiled
Yes, I remember you Canoe and you John as well. Good to see both of you are still around and sinking ships. I started to get the urge to satisfy my OCD with a little solo play and face an old addiction.

I am using the 24 update. Does the 26 beta make any major changes? If not, I may just stay on 24.

RE: Is there a way??

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 am
by Canoerebel
I think the 26 beta made some good changes.

Hey, you should get in touch with Bullwinkle and challenge him to a game. The poor guy just celebrated a landmark birthday (he didn't admit which one, which means he's 50) and is trying to adjust to an end-of-life view of how to spend his remaining time on earth. He needs a vigorous opponent to get his blood flowing again, else he'll end up sitting at the Mall of America, casting come-hither looks at younger, 47-year-old women.

RE: Is there a way??

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:10 am
by Charbroiled
Not sure if I'm ready to go back to PBEM yet. We'll see if the solo game keeps my interest first.

One of the first things I need to do is create a music playlist and turn off that damn stock music. It is giving me flashbacks...lol.

RE: Is there a way??

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:44 am
by RichardAckermann
I recommend Glenn Miller for playing the allies.

RE: Is there a way??

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 am
by Blackhorse
ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I think the 26 beta made some good changes.

Hey, you should get in touch with Bullwinkle and challenge him to a game. The poor guy just celebrated a landmark birthday (he didn't admit which one, which means he's 50) and is trying to adjust to an end-of-life view of how to spend his remaining time on earth. He needs a vigorous opponent to get his blood flowing again, else he'll end up sitting at the Mall of America, casting come-hither looks at younger, 47-year-old women.

[:-]
[:D]