Page 1 of 2
Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 am
by aaatoysandmore
Another year has passed and still nothing on this title? What's up Iain?
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:14 am
by rico21
I do not like this game, it copies combat mission second of the name in less good. This game annoys me because it is difficult to master. The editor is designed for educated aliens. No further action is planned. The forum is dead.
This says if a sequel is planned it interests me then yes, no or shit.[:D]
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:34 pm
by rico21
I hate this game. Two t-34s want to cross a bridge, the first pass, I knocked him down with my troops in ambush and the second one who was on the cover avenges his comrade destroyed by killing the responsible units then crosses the bridge quietly to go towards the point of victory. The AI is a real bitch.
If afterwards the Americans are not possible, can we have South Americans with AH?
And Cubans, could I have Cubans please?
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:16 pm
by rico21
One could make a DLC in which Stalin would have followed AH in Colombia and founded the Pharcs and then Mussolini who is not dead would also be there and become Generalissimo of the Narcos.
No really, make an effort!
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:55 pm
by Rosseau
While I hate to agree with Rico, Combat Mission makes this game obsolete. I do remember the huge, free patch they gave us, and I always appreciated that. But I've tried it on my Win 10 machine and it just doesn't cut it. One thing it did have was the ability to mod weapons and ammo characteristics. So if they came out with something bright and shiny, I would change my tune [;)]
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:58 am
by bairdlander2
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore
Another year has passed and still nothing on this title? What's up Iain?
Probably because the first game sucked.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:59 am
by Mobius
Before Google changed the maps API you could easily make maps from anywhere on Earth. Panzer Command is a game of command. You take command of platoons and companies of men and tanks not as in some other tactical game of like level concerned with the placement of individual men.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:05 pm
by rico21
This game is below the first three Combat Mission but it is above all the following ones. The AI is effective and especially its strong point is to be able to play the parts more quickly, thanks to its simplification, than in combat Mission. In addition to that I am suffering from the syndrome of and one more turn.
That's why I need to know if a sequel is planned.
Indeed I do not want to buy the suite and spend the rest of my life playing this game.

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:36 pm
by Mobius
There's always hope but no work is being done right now. I have made tank models for a Polish campaign but haven't done anything since my computer crashed.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 pm
by rico21
I just finished your Golzow scenario.[&o]
What is the easiest way to make maps?
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:14 pm
by rico21
Yesterday I played the Boot Camp introductory campaign which is very well done.[&o]
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:54 pm
by rico21
Today, I play the first recommended scenario by the manual.[:)]
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:57 pm
by Mobius
ORIGINAL: rico21
I just finished your Golzow scenario.[&o]
What is the easiest way to make maps?
It is harder now because Google changed their API and you can't get shuttle radar topography mission (SRTM) elevation data to interface with the map image.
I don't know if you can get the mapmaker to make a gray scale map any more. But you can make your own gray scale elevation map. That you import into the map maker.
Then you can screen capture the same area from Google Earth. You then use a paint program to color the map with the palett of terrain colors.
Before mapmaker did this automatically I made maps by making a multi-level map drawing countour lines on it where I got the elevations from reading the GE elevation tool.
Then I filled the each contour with a shade of gray and blurred the image. That was a lot of work.
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:54 pm
by rico21
Thanks for infos, I'll try it!
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:02 pm
by aaatoysandmore
I always found the ai in PC much better than any combat mission ones. That's why I like it so much. It's challenging though not as pretty as CM but I'll take gameplay any day over pretty. Bring on the West Front Version Iain; you promised. [&o]
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:20 am
by rico21
Dear Iain,
Why do not you set up a kickstarter system to finance new projects that are difficult to achieve otherwise.
This would not hurt the profitability of your business to provide the players we are the games we want to play.
Cheers,
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:14 am
by rico21
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 pm
by aaatoysandmore
Notice how Iain is ignoring us and this discussion? [:D]
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am
by rico21
It's not possible, he has to be in holidays.
It's zakblood who is holding the shop.[:D]
RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:26 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hi guys,
Iain is away this week and he's not involved in Panzer Command in any case. When you hear from Mobius above, he and Rick are the Panzer Command team and as far as I know they have hit some serious technical obstacles with the map tools as far as allowing the series to continue. If they are able to overcome those, perhaps we'll see another release, but otherwise Ostfront is the complete final release.
Regards,
- Erik