Page 1 of 1

Custer games for PC

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:13 pm
by demyansk
I came across this title and was wondering if anything is out there for General Custer on the PC?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11219/7th-cavalry

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 pm
by E

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:38 pm
by aaatoysandmore
Didn't that Lappkoff guy do a game on custer? Is that the one HPS got for distribution?

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:47 am
by rico21
[:D]

Image

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:28 am
by demyansk
Glad hps isn't online anymore[&:] just kidding

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:56 am
by Alan Sharif

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:56 am
by Alan Sharif
Best of all there is a downloadable demo!

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:57 am
by Greybriar
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Didn't that Lappkoff guy do a game on custer? Is that the one HPS got for distribution?
I bought Jeff Lapkoff's Custer's Last Command for my DOS computer back in 1995. Now it appears that game has been updated for modern systems, retitled, released as Desperate Glory: Last Stand at the Little Bighorn, and can be purchased from digital Gameworks.

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:19 am
by zakblood
most of the games mentioned above also have demo's out to try from Digital anyway

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:48 pm
by Kuokkanen
Custer's Revenge

Oops, not for PC

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:57 pm
by demyansk
ORIGINAL: Greybriar

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Didn't that Lappkoff guy do a game on custer? Is that the one HPS got for distribution?
I bought Jeff Lapkoff's Custer's Last Command for my DOS computer back in 1995. Now it appears that game has been updated for modern systems, retitled, released as Desperate Glory: Last Stand at the Little Bighorn, and can be purchased from digital Gameworks.
Thanks for the link to the game site, I might try it at least the demo

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 pm
by demyansk
I tried the demo for a few turns and it looks a little bland. Maybe, I would have to spend more time on it.

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:27 am
by nicwb
"Pike & Shot" has a user made scenario for the "Little Bighorn"

RE: Custer - supply train for 1000 men

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:49 am
by altipueri
Custer supply train.

Copied from the CoTD forum - because it gives an idea of how many wagons are needed to supply a thousand men. (Scroll down a bit to see the 1874 photos of Custer's expedition)

tm.asp?m=4414097


Thanks to Rasputitsa - and for his Campaigns on the Danube write ups.

RE: Custer games for PC

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:10 am
by Greybriar
ORIGINAL: demyansk

I tried the demo for a few turns and it looks a little bland. Maybe, I would have to spend more time on it.
I am not surprised. From the screenshots I saw of Desperate Glory: Last Stand at the Little Bighorn, it didn't appear that much had changed from the 1995 Custer's Last Command. But I did enjoy the latter game back in the day and spent many hours playing it while trying out a number of variable options. Gatling guns helped! [:D]