Page 1 of 3

New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:12 pm
by spence
Roger Emmerich will apparently direct the NEXT movie whose name shall not be mentioned:

http://variety.com/2017/film/festivals/ ... 202442458/

Not sure if Mandy Moore plays a hard-bitten Marine Gunny or an SBD pilot.

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:19 pm
by btd64
Since when is Midway in the South Pacific [:D]....GP

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:24 pm
by Anachro
Independence Day, Day after Tomorrow, 10,000 BC, Godzilla, The Patriot - might be entertaining but not holding out hope for his version of Midway. Still, it might be better than Nolan's Dunkirk, which shouldn't be hard.

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:46 pm
by panzer cat
What happened to the old Midway movie?

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:56 pm
by btd64
ORIGINAL: panzer cat

What happened to the old Midway movie?

It's still around....GP

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:21 pm
by BBfanboy
ORIGINAL: btd64

Since when is Midway in the South Pacific [:D]....GP
[&:]
Where did you see the reference to South Pacific? I read the article twice and didn't see mention of the location.

Whose side will Godzilla be on in this one?

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 pm
by btd64
ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: btd64

Since when is Midway in the South Pacific [:D]....GP
[&:]
Where did you see the reference to South Pacific? I read the article twice and didn't see mention of the location.

Whose side will Godzilla be on in this one?

Either the article was fixed or my eyes are tired. Godzilla is on the Allied side. He will crush Tokyo....GP

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:13 pm
by Anachro
I commented on the South Pacific thing and they seemed to have stealth-corrected it.

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:47 pm
by spence
I liked "Dunkirk" the recent movie. If one wants a historical recreation/overall picture of the event then one should watch the BBC Docudrama by the same name (Dunkirk).

The addition of a "DSO" to a movie which directly involved no women whatsoever promises that the movie will rehash the 1970s-odd Midway movie. It'd be a good deal more interesting if it portrayed an accurate sequence of events on June 4th.

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:01 am
by Capt Hornblower
I have a stupid question: Why is this of interest NOW? The article is dated a year ago.

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:22 am
by geofflambert
Movie about Midway? Is Jennifer Anniston in it?

Image

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:22 am
by spence
I have a stupid question: Why is this of interest NOW? The article is dated a year ago.

Oops I referenced the wrong article. Here's one from May of this year.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/roland-emme ... 202374631/

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:03 pm
by Balou
And around 10:25 am IJN flight decks loaded with tons of jap aircraft [:D][:D][:D]

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:21 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Movie about Midway? Is Jennifer Anniston in it?

Image

I'm only interested if Jennifer Anniston goes *all* the way...

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:43 pm
by btd64
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Movie about Midway? Is Jennifer Anniston in it?

Image

I'm only interested if Jennifer Anniston goes *all* the way...

[;)]all the way to my house [;)]....GP

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:55 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: spence
I have a stupid question: Why is this of interest NOW? The article is dated a year ago.

Oops I referenced the wrong article. Here's one from May of this year.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/roland-emme ... 202374631/

I'm sorry to be a skeptic, but I've got a bad feeling about this already. [:(]

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:25 pm
by spence
I'm sorry to be a skeptic, but I've got a bad feeling about this already.

Yeah me too.

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:35 pm
by Orm
ORIGINAL: spence
I'm sorry to be a skeptic, but I've got a bad feeling about this already.

Yeah me too.
Count me in.

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:44 pm
by witpqs
ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: spence
I'm sorry to be a skeptic, but I've got a bad feeling about this already.

Yeah me too.
Count me in.
Sadly so.

RE: New Midway Movie

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:51 pm
by obvert
Well, if they can accurately "visualize" this battle on screen I'll be perfectly happy to watch an hour of fluff to get there. I'd be so much more interested if this were the crew behind BoB and The Pacific, though.