Page 1 of 2
New German OOB (beta) here .. please test !!
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 9:22 pm
by Arralen
You can get yourself a partially fixed German OOB here:
http://Arralens.purespace.de/spwawoob/
Note that formations are still not fixed with this release, but it should at least help with the "Jagdpanzer"-issue.
Please tell me any errors you may encounter, thanks !
Arralen
[This message has been edited by Arralen (edited October 28, 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Arralen (edited October 28, 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Arralen (edited October 28, 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Arralen (edited November 03, 2000).]
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 9:30 pm
by Skotty
Link seems to be broken buddy.
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 9:32 pm
by Arralen
Originally posted by Skotty:
Link seems to be broken buddy.
Hey .. just putting it up there .. didn't think someone is
that fast ... works now
Arralen
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2000 10:49 pm
by Skotty
Cool, sorry to have jumped the gun. Will test it out tonite on a LAN game.
Thanks,
Skotty
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2000 12:20 am
by Skotty
Well the JgPZ issues seemed to have been corrected, as you can get light JgPZ's in 41 now, with the JgPZ-35 availible in Aug 41, and the JgPZ-1's avaible before that. I assume these were the only units you have gotten to so far cuz u cant get 150mm armed SP-guns yet, sIGB3,sIG-II,gw-38(T) under the SP Gun unit purchase, just the Stugs.
Thanks,
Skotty
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2000 11:24 am
by Lars Remmen
Hello,
There are two FJ units that seem to be completely identical, availability dates and all.
------------------
Lars
Nec Timide - Nec Temere
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2000 10:12 pm
by Kharan
-StuG and SP Gun formations have the same units.
-Panzerfaust 100 has no pic.
-There's one empty formation, Lt Panzer in '44 onwards. Or should all formations in buy screen have units in them?
[This message has been edited by Kharan (edited October 29, 2000).]
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2000 2:29 pm
by Arralen
... moving message to top ..
I'll post update versions over the next weeks, and I won't have the time to announce all of them.
I'll put a "version number" into the zip-file name as well as in the name of formation 1000.
An even if you download the same file again - it's only a matter of seconds, so it would hurt that much, right?
I'll try to fix all units at first ...
Arralen
PS: Sorry, but my website is still "worked on", so no need to go to the root directory

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 6:14 am
by Kharan
Is there going to be betas of other OOBs to test before the Final OOBs are released?
Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 3:47 pm
by Arralen
Originally posted by Kharan:
Is there going to be betas of other OOBs?
As far as I know - NO !!
Arralen
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 2:36 am
by cjpaul
Arralen:
I found a couple of errors in the new German OOB. The 1st is for Unit 205, Hs 129B-2/R3. It should have 1 MK101 30mm cannon and not 2. The other is Unit 209, Hs 129B-2/R1. Its armor should be 14(1), not 16(2). I apologize for these errors, since I provided Yrjö the data for this aircraft. Also I noticed that the penatration data for the MK101 and Bk7.5 cannons was not corrected.
Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 1:22 pm
by Arralen
Thanks for all comments .. still working on it.
Or - to be precise - I'm very busy with "real life", so SPWAW has to wait a bit, sadly.
Arralen
Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 11:17 pm
by Arralen
New version available !!!
v4.4.0.1
..good luck !
Arralen
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 3:01 am
by Securitas
I tired you OOB and it is a significant improvement over the original.
It is not clear to me however why there are two FJ inf units that are identical in the OOB. I know you are aware of this, so why not delete it? Secondly, I have yet to find an OOB that permits the use of the Kubelwagen Forward Observation vehicle which according the the encyclopedia is available from 1939-1949, can almost never be purchased. there seems to be no vehicle FO formation that works. Try it and you'll see, say in 1941, 1944. I tried it several times with the original OOB and yours and it refuses to work. Odd.
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 3:32 am
by Beetlecat
regarding the two FJ units..
isn't this the second option which offers the panzerfaust equipped fj platoon once it becomes available?
I'll check the oob to see if that's yet a third fj platoon
[This message has been edited by Beetlecat (edited November 12, 2000).]
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 7:29 pm
by Kharan
sIGs are now buyable in SP-gun sections, but SP-gun platoons are still identical to StuG platoons. Brumbaers and Sturmtigers shouldn't be in StuG platoons. Pzfaust 100 has no pic unless there's going to be a new one for it.
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 11:52 pm
by Arralen
Formations are not
finally fixed.
I tried to make all units available, but you can be shure that all formations will be changed to reflect actual appearance of units "in the field".
Arralen
PS: Could anyone borrow me some 48 hours so that I could have a longer weekend for working on the OOB ?

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 2:35 pm
by Arralen
..moving up the list ..
see
http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002928.html
also !
Thanks
Arralen
[This message has been edited by Arralen (edited November 16, 2000).]
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 4:24 pm
by waynef
New OOB...?'s
If I download a new OOB for use, will my opponents I play (PBEM, On Line) have to have the sameOOB for the game to work correctly?
Is there a simple way to change or switch out the entire OOB, store it, and change back if desired?
------------------
Thanks
Wayne
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2000 1:53 am
by Billy Yank
Originally posted by waynef:
Is there a simple way to change or switch out the entire OOB, store it, and change back if desired?
Make two new directories in your SPWAW installation called "OrigOOB" and "NewOOB". Copy all the oob* files into OrigOOB. Put all changed oob* files into NewOOB. When you want to play with the standard oob's, copy the contents of OrigOOB to your SPWAW folder. When you want to play with non-standard, copy the appropriate oob's from NewOOB.
------------------
Billy Yank
I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.