Page 1 of 2
Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:47 pm
by Enforcer
Just a question will there be a remake of this game or another game like this on the horizon?
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:49 pm
by Anachro
Probably not.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:58 pm
by Chickenboy
I think some of the die-hards here have taken an unofficial pledge to bankroll WiTP:AE II if and when they win the lottery. I might consider it myself. Failing that, I think any remake unlikely.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:14 pm
by dasboot1960
I hate the odds. I do play the lottery. I'm in.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:36 pm
by geofflambert
There is only this game. There are no other games.
There is only this game. There are no other games.
There is only this game. There are no other games.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:40 am
by RichardAckermann
I know of 2 developments that intend to be close to WITP AE engine wise. Both are works by individuals, not company programming teams.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:50 am
by Yaab
I derive WITPAE-like enjoyment from other game genres, games which have a detailed,tactical combat and a sense of an epic struggle. "Underrail" is an indie isometric post-apocalyptic RPG that has tons of character build/crafting/inventory options and turn-based combat. It has a an epic story and a very tactical combat. Plays out like a WITPAE campaign, though you only control one character.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:15 am
by Dili
There is no other game with air, sea, land combat unfortunately.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:14 pm
by Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: Yaab
I derive WITPAE-like enjoyment from other game genres, games which have a detailed,tactical combat and a sense of an epic struggle. "Underrail" is an indie isometric post-apocalyptic RPG that has tons of character build/crafting/inventory options and turn-based combat. It has a an epic story and a very tactical combat. Plays out like a WITPAE campaign, though you only control one character.
I play Farm Simulator 2017. Very relaxing. This morning I fed my cows Total Mixed Ration and harvested a giant field of soybeans.
Eagerly looking forward to FS 2019 in a few months. You can ride a horse in that one, and you have a dog! [:'(]
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:40 pm
by adarbrauner
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: Yaab
I derive WITPAE-like enjoyment from other game genres, games which have a detailed,tactical combat and a sense of an epic struggle. "Underrail" is an indie isometric post-apocalyptic RPG that has tons of character build/crafting/inventory options and turn-based combat. It has a an epic story and a very tactical combat. Plays out like a WITPAE campaign, though you only control one character.
I play Farm Simulator 2017. Very relaxing. This morning I fed my cows Total Mixed Ration and harvested a giant field of soybeans.
Eagerly looking forward to FS 2019 in a few months. You can ride a horse in that one, and you have a dog! [:'(]
hehehehe! hah
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:41 pm
by adarbrauner
ORIGINAL: RichardAckermann
I know of 2 developments that intend to be close to WITP AE engine wise. Both are works by individuals, not company programming teams.
And one of them is by Richard Ackermann!!!
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:47 pm
by geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: Yaab
I derive WITPAE-like enjoyment from other game genres, games which have a detailed,tactical combat and a sense of an epic struggle. "Underrail" is an indie isometric post-apocalyptic RPG that has tons of character build/crafting/inventory options and turn-based combat. It has a an epic story and a very tactical combat. Plays out like a WITPAE campaign, though you only control one character.
I play Farm Simulator 2017. Very relaxing. This morning I fed my cows Total Mixed Ration and harvested a giant field of soybeans.
Eagerly looking forward to FS 2019 in a few months. You can ride a horse in that one, and you have a dog! [:'(]
I bet you loved the milking. I actually learned to do that. With real cows.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 pm
by CaptBeefheart
Richard Ackermann: How's your project coming along?
Cheers.
CB
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:46 pm
by BBfanboy
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: Yaab
I derive WITPAE-like enjoyment from other game genres, games which have a detailed,tactical combat and a sense of an epic struggle. "Underrail" is an indie isometric post-apocalyptic RPG that has tons of character build/crafting/inventory options and turn-based combat. It has a an epic story and a very tactical combat. Plays out like a WITPAE campaign, though you only control one character.
I play Farm Simulator 2017. Very relaxing. This morning I fed my cows Total Mixed Ration and harvested a giant field of soybeans.
Eagerly looking forward to FS 2019 in a few months. You can ride a horse in that one, and you have a dog! [:'(]
I bet you loved the milking. I actually learned to do that. With real cows.
You really shouldn't be so unkind as to call them cows! What club did you meet them in? Inquiring minds need to know for their research. [:)]
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:50 am
by RichardAckermann
ORIGINAL: CaptBeefheart
Richard Ackermann: How's your project coming along?
Cheers.
CB
Steady progress, but still a long way to go.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:37 pm
by Graymane
They remade TOAW, why not this? Seems to still have a popular fan base. Keep wishing I guess.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:13 pm
by BBfanboy
ORIGINAL: Graymane
They remade TOAW, why not this? Seems to still have a popular fan base. Keep wishing I guess.
The fan base is avid, but too small to commercially support a re-programming of the game engine. The game engine is already at its limits with all the stuff it has to do. There are also copywrite issues with Gary Grigsby and the companies that built the WITP-AE program. They are not about to let someone use their combat models and database design without major compensation.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:58 pm
by ETF
They did remake Pacific War to WITP didn't they
War in the east and West are redos also. Problem is you have to wait more than a decade lol......if ever.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:06 pm
by Anachro
I do believe Gary Grigsby is on record as stating he'll never make a game like WitP ever again and that he was insane to do it. WitE/WitW have more abstraction in certain respects and he is on record also stating that those are more in line with what he'd prefer to make going forward.
RE: Game remake or any new games like witp:ae
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:42 pm
by ETF
True I remember that comment. Maybe he would let the code go for a nominal fee in the future or for royalties on the franchise. I agree it is a distant dream. Hard to find good grognard wargames these days. Assuming you want realism.