Page 1 of 1
loading/unloading
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:20 pm
by oldsneak
guess i cant do it right---thought i was past the newbie stage but cant seem to load or unload any troops to any type of ship or plane.
if ya give me the secret i'll lighten up on
future pbem games --course ya run the risk of
being thumped by a newb if ya tell---thx in
advance fer all help
later
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:37 pm
by Mr.Frag
Create a TF.
Make sure mission type is Transport.
Put in some ships that can carry troops (AP/AK)
Once finished, select the TF and load troops will be available. Sounds like you have task forces that have a mission type of other then Transport or Fast Transport (the only two that carry stuff).
load/unload
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:52 pm
by oldsneak
Mr.Frag
thx fer the reply----i get that far and select troops but when i check later its a zero for selected and ship sits in port--tried several ways
and did all upgrades b4 i tried the loading
thing---am presently reloading all in case of bug or compromised files and thoght maybe that i didnt have the scenario that allows it--havent used past 5 scenarios yet----thx

load troops
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:40 am
by Ol_Dog
Did you remember to set a destination for the convoy when you selected troops?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:53 am
by Mr.Frag
yep, thats the classic, tell them where to go, or they will sit there and load then unload the unit
I'm sure we all made that mistake once or twice...
Make sure you are clicking the right spot on the troop load command panel (should switch to LOADING) and exit via the done button.
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:03 am
by Admiral DadMan
Oh God, I've been playing since release (with a few breaks for air and conjugal relations) and just a few days ago, I did that.
Delayed my invasion timetable a few days...

Selecting correct choice?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:40 am
by MemoryLeak
I know whenI first started I selected the choice in the left hand column by mistake when choosing which units to load. Make sure you click on the right hand column. I don't have the screen in front of me so I can't remember how each column is labeled. This is the Laod Troops screen.
Just a thought.
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:03 am
by wobbly
A little beauty I just did: i made a few transport TF's and then set them all to follow one of the transport tfs to their destination (for cap reasons - one cap can defend them all).
however, the tf i get the other transport tf's to follow was full of 1000 ton ships and the others had larger ships. I forgot to turn follow tf off! So you guessed it, the smaller "leader" tf finishes unloading and decides to retire, the others, despite still having supplies and troops on board, up anchor and sail with it - arggghhh!
