Page 1 of 1

Run In A Wndow?

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:18 am
by John David
I read somewhere that you can run the game in a window.
I can't find the command line for it , so can someone let me know what it is? Do any of you run the game this way?

Also, when using this command , do you type it in the run command? I am using WIN XP Pro.

Thanks in advance,

JD

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:46 am
by Hikaru
Page 8 of the manual states that "the game will now run in a window if in 1024x768 and the -w switch is used".

I, too, am running XPPro, and tried setting up the shortcut with the -w switch, but couldn't get it to work.... *shrug*

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:56 am
by John David
Thanks for responding Hikaru , and for reminding me where I saw that written about in the manual! :D

The command you mentioned is the one I typed in the Run Command screen, but XP said Uh Uh!

If anyone else knows how to get around this, Hikaru and I are all ears.;) ,


JD

Figured It Out!

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:17 am
by John David
I Got It!

I have UV on my D drive, so change the following to your drive letter.


"D:\Matrix Games\Uncommon Valor\UncommonValor.exe" -w

Type this into your run command and Presto! Nuthin' up ma Sleeve...:cool:

JD

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:23 am
by Hikaru
*cough* I was putting the -w inside the quotes... *cough* Thanks, man.

Thanks Again

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:24 am
by John David
Glad I could help.

Thanks again for pointing out where I had seen the command line about this.

It's nice to be able to play the game in a window, so I can get to the manual and other FAQ's about the game without having to close the game. As I just got UV 3 days ago, I am refering to these documents quite a lot. Its also just more convienient to be able to run in a window so I can check my email and do other computer related tasks.:)

JD

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:32 am
by Admiral DadMan
Alt+Tab will jump you out of the game even when not in Window Mode.

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:19 am
by Hikaru
And your Windows Key + D combination will minimize all programs, so you can use it even when nothing else is running. And heh... I just got UV 5 days ago, so I'm switching back and forth to the manual quite a bit myself...

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:31 am
by John David
Thanks to both of you for your input. I know of the two ways both of you mentioned for accessing windows during the regular installed game, but I meant that I liked having the game run in a standard window and how it makes regular computer functions more easily available with a simple click of the mouse.

Thanks again

JD