Page 1 of 1

Multiplayer? Is it already here?

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:26 am
by DwarfHeretic
I don't sure, i tried to understand that point reading this forums, but only post about it was year old, so i'm really unsure.
I find something like unofficial mod/plugin with PBEM, but i'm unsure is it work correctly.
I read a lot about "MP is devs priority" - but it was years ago. How thing going now?

RE: Multiplayer? Is it already here?

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:24 am
by dcpollay
There is no official multiplayer Command for the gaming market, although there are always rumors floating around [;)]. What one enterprising person did (Baloogan) is to make a mod called Joint Command that creates a turn-based version of the game.

How it works is that players take turns evaluating the map and their plans, giving orders to units, and then saving and e-mailing the file to their opponent. Player 2 then does the same, and breaks the game up into 30-minute(?) slices of action/reaction.

Check Baloogan's website (I don't have the link, but you can look it up).