Some appreciative feedback
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:02 pm
Just bought AB having been hooked on the old version for a while. Everything is excellent as I expected. There are a couple of interface suggestions that sprung to mind.
- an option to pause the game when in fast time mode upon a new message appearing in the message window / or other events like new contacts. (Maybe new contacts should be reported in the message window.)
- an option to switch the terrain info pop-up to a fixed info-box.
(These are for the most part features I like in CMANO interface. The first being the only "must have" for me.)
- an option to make NATO unit symbols a brighter colour or larger or otherwise standout better.
- illumination mortar radius should be previewed with an outline before you fire the mortar.
It would be nice to get the quirkier factions like Sweden and Yugoslavia back at some point, but I'm sure the player base will implement plenty of new database content; other than auto-pause if I were Veitikka I would concentrate 100% of my development efforts on implementing multiplayer, because it is this that will ultimately develop the player base and online scene and spread the game's popularity!
Thanks
- an option to pause the game when in fast time mode upon a new message appearing in the message window / or other events like new contacts. (Maybe new contacts should be reported in the message window.)
- an option to switch the terrain info pop-up to a fixed info-box.
(These are for the most part features I like in CMANO interface. The first being the only "must have" for me.)
- an option to make NATO unit symbols a brighter colour or larger or otherwise standout better.
- illumination mortar radius should be previewed with an outline before you fire the mortar.
It would be nice to get the quirkier factions like Sweden and Yugoslavia back at some point, but I'm sure the player base will implement plenty of new database content; other than auto-pause if I were Veitikka I would concentrate 100% of my development efforts on implementing multiplayer, because it is this that will ultimately develop the player base and online scene and spread the game's popularity!
Thanks