Page 1 of 1

[TWEAKED] Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:18 pm
by TheCabal
Hello guys,

after firing up a tutorial (don't remember which one but it isn't important) I was advised to activate some messages.
Well "New Weapons Contact" was missing.

I verified the Integrity, deleted the ini, checked if the option screen is bigger than displayed in the window and went to have a look at the ini file. It just didn't exist.

I needed to add this line into the ini to have the option visible:
NewWeaponsContact = -1|-1 (0 for unmarked, -1 for marked)

I don't know if it is a bug or intended/replaced by another option.

Greetings,
Cabal
(For Dimitris to recognize me => Steam nickname: Tertius_Oculus)





RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:02 pm
by OldSarge
It is showing up in the options list on my system (B998.16), but all of the way at the bottom of the list. So you may need to scroll all of the way to the bottom in order to see it.

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:26 pm
by TheCabal
Hi,

I already did this as mentioned. All options exist except of NewWeaponsContact. What I see is exactly what I have inside the ini file… this one is missing. Only through adding the mentioned line I can see and activate it.

Greetings,
Cabal

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:03 pm
by OldSarge
I was trying to duplicate the problem that you're seeing by deleting the ini file, but upon startup the ini is rebuild and the option continues to show up on my end. I'm not using Steam though, so maybe one of the other Steam users can check it.

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:25 am
by TheCabal
Thanks for you help OldSarge. It comes like this straight from steam... don't ask me why a line is missing =(


Someone any ideas? Maybe the dev's?

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:25 am
by TheCabal
Bump…. =(

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:30 pm
by TheCabal
Bump.... :(((

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:37 pm
by Dimitris
Give us some time. We're busy but we'll take a look.

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:48 am
by Dimitris
Is this still an issue ?

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 am
by michaelm75au
I verified the Integrity, deleted the ini, checked if the option screen is bigger than displayed in the window and went to have a look at the ini file. It just didn't exist.
Usually deleting the INI file and restarting Command, fixes the missing options[&:]

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:05 am
by choam
Same issue here. Steam verifying anf deleting INI file doesnt helped.

Solved manualy, by adding "NewWeaponContact = -1|-1" string to Command.ini

I wonder, why it was happen...

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:07 am
by Dimitris
ORIGINAL: choam
Same issue here. Steam verifying anf deleting INI file doesnt helped.

Solved manualy, by adding "NewWeaponContact = -1|-1" string to Command.ini

I wonder, why it was happen...

Ah, that is quite a helpful bit, thanks!

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:27 pm
by TheCabal
Hey guys,

yeah I described the missing line right in my initial post. Any update on this issue?

Well it’s not issue because I added the missing line and since then it’s ok. I think of the unexperiwnced folks not knowing how to fix this.

Greetings,
Cabal

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:31 pm
by Dimitris
Have a little patience please, you see that we're going through threads in this subforum and resolving as fast as we can.

RE: Missing message option "NewWeaponsContact" -> Bug?

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm
by Dimitris
Tweaked for the next update release.