Page 1 of 2
% Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:07 am
by kevinkins
Could the developers give community designers a sense of the number players that have Chains of War installed vs the base game? It would not be efficient to design a scenario needing Chains or War when a mere fraction of the Command community have it. Thanks.
Kevin
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:02 am
by Raptorx7_slith
Its not really a big deal.
If your scenario has something like aircraft damage enabled which is only available for Chains of War users you can just disable it and create a separate scenario file for those without it. There are plenty of designers who provide two distinct files for that reason.
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:03 am
by Raptorx7_slith
Edit: Whoops
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:28 am
by kevinkins
Perhaps that is acceptable for a/c damage. But what if Cargo is an important part to the scenario? Disabling it may not be trivial.
Kevin
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:24 am
by Gunner98
That's a good question.
On the other hand - if a scenario needs cargo I build it CoW only, no point not using the capability. If a player wants to play it perhaps he'll get CoW, if not, s/he doesn't benefit from that scenario.
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:46 am
by kevinkins
But that returns to the original question. [;)] What fraction of the community will benefit if we design using Cargo? Some folks may not want to put weeks into a design when only 10% of the community has CoW (throwing out a number; could be much higher).
Kevin
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 pm
by SeaQueen
I've got it. I love my lasers and cargo is great.
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:23 pm
by trebor6669
Have it...Love it!!!
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 am
by coh7res
I've got it...
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:41 am
by Whicker
got it - wonder if a majority do? if you like the base game I would think it is a given - both for the scens as well as the features.
I certainly appreciate that there are no upgrade costs even though they keep updating it, I'm happy to pay something once in a while.
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:30 am
by magi
i love chains of war..... and its features....there are hundreds of scenarios that dont need Cow...
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:33 am
by Clockmaster77
I have Chains of War, since about me its features are really intriguing. I am working at a scenario (I will post a test version next week if I resolve some event/condition issue) and I've decided to release also in the testing phase a base version and a CoW version with aircraft damage model, command disruption and perhaps Ecm blasts (since in my scenario use of nuclear weapon for one side is granted). As said before obviously if a scenario involves cargo ops, railguns or High Energy Lasers it is impossible to release the scenario for standard CMANO. Personally I'd like to advice anyone interested in contemporary history and technology to think about buying this expansions, since it not only adds intriguing scenario, but also key features.
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:46 am
by Sharana
What I really like in CoW is the comms disruption and I use it a lot as I do enjoy modern SEAD scenarios a lot and that can't be made realistic without the CoW features. IADS relies heavily on good comms and if you can't disrupt that they seem quite OP which leads to unrealistically low amount of SAMs in most public scenarios.
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:57 am
by temkc5
I have it!
Don't let anything stunt your creativity
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:20 am
by nogravity
I have it. Still play it occasionally.
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:45 am
by serjames
+1 Have it and love the features and remember kids
https://twitter.com/i/status/1088790266755076096
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:01 pm
by daveoreno
I think that's an excellent question as well. Since I have only ever written one scenario, ("Operation Sapphire Fury") and it was all about contested amphibious (Cargo) operations, I have often wondered how small a total audience I was limiting myself to.
I have also wondered if players that have only purchased "Shifting Sands" or one of the other add-ons also get the extra capabilities (cargo, aircraft damage etc..)
Dave
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:19 pm
by kch
Personally I get all the add ons.. I know that incrementally it is increasing the cost of the total game, but 10 euros is not going to hold me back from new features or some well designed scenarios
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:03 pm
by rmunie0613
I get all of the add ons eventually.. I have not yet gotten the last one but will...CoW I immediately purchased because of the cargo, and (hint to devs lol) I ALWAYS IMMEDIATELY would purchase any title that adds something in that way [:D]
RE: % Who has Chains of War?
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 pm
by x2oop
Hi. Though I'm new to the game, I bought Chains of War because of the additional mechanics it introduces.