Page 1 of 2

Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:58 am
by Red2112
Nice to see this in the works! We need a good naval game [:)]...

Home site:
https://www.nbsim.co.uk/

THG YT video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwBj1ZRm-pM

Red

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 pm
by Red2112

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:15 am
by Rising-Sun
Interesting, but I like doing the Pacific during WWII.

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:44 am
by Mobius
There are some other guys I was helping making a mobile phone app naval simulation game. Seems to encompass WWI and WWII as far as I can tell.

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:45 pm
by IslandInland
This looks interesting. Thanks.

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:57 pm
by RFalvo69
"War never changes"... really? [:D] What's this? Naval Simulator: Fallout?

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:00 pm
by Lobster
Thought we had one with Jutland and Distant Guns. Even had Norm Koger as the dev. Lots of promise. Became a big huge steaming pile of ***t. Each patch made the game worse and worse. I can't believe Storm Eagle is still trying to sell them. [8|]

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 am
by Red2112
ORIGINAL: Lobster

Thought we had one with Jutland and Distant Guns. Even had Norm Koger as the dev. Lots of promise. Became a big huge steaming pile of ***t. Each patch made the game worse and worse. I can't believe Storm Eagle is still trying to sell them. [8|]

Yeah, I kind of went for that one, just because it was on sale, oh well...

Bottom line is, if you want naval warfare then go for the "Fleet Series". I just got 5th and 6th fleet new from BGG [;)]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FPfQNVDF0A&t=3s

Although the mix of SAI/RtW with the above "Naval Battles Simulator" can be cool and fun, will see...

Dev told me it would go on Steam as EA next month. Will post a pre-release vid here asap.

Inbound is "Gulf Strike", "High Tide" and SWWaS (Second World War at Sea) Bismark [:)]

Red

--

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:47 am
by Magbet
My opinion is that everything is fine.

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:06 am
by zakblood
My opinion is that everything is fine.

seems i was wrong, you do type something else[:D]

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 am
by Aurelian
I don't know. Watching the shooting in those videos reminds me of a paintball fight.

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:20 pm
by Rebel Yell
It reminds me of Asteroids.

Image

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:43 pm
by Red2112
Like most wargames [:D]

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:45 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: Red2112


Bottom line is, if you want naval warfare then go for the "Fleet Series". I just got 5th and 6th fleet new from BGG [;)]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FPfQNVDF0A&t=3s


Red

--

I've owned 2nd Fleet since the late 80's and it's one of the few board games I've held onto all these years. Been a long time since I broke it out, but used to have a blast playing this one while I was deployed on USS America between '89 and '92. [8D]

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:44 am
by Red2112
Nice USS America!

Would love to see Matrix put out something similar on PC, or even something like "World in Flames" with no AI would be cool.

My 6th fleet unboxing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiICt_CFve4

The idea is to get all the "Fleet Series" games at some point. [:)]

Red
--

[Deleted]

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:51 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:50 am
by Anarchy97
Thank you, Red

Quick update:
I am still alive and working on the NBS game.
It's taking that long this is the one-man project with no third party financial support.

BTW donation welcome ;-) [see website]

Please see thehistoricalgamer YT channel for Naval Battles Simulator game review


Thank you all for your support and good word throughout the years

And don't forget to like my FB page

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:59 am
by Anarchy97
larrybush

The plan is:
publish on Early Access, get some money, use funds to improve game graphics, gameplay etc
If successful the 2nd part will be a Pacific

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:48 pm
by Rising-Sun
ORIGINAL: Anarchy97

larrybush

The plan is:
publish on Early Access, get some money, use funds to improve game graphics, gameplay etc
If successful the 2nd part will be a Pacific

Cool looking forward to this.

RE: Naval Battles Simulator

Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:11 am
by Capitaine
I see no actual ships in this sim. I've little interest in a map game of symbols only.