Page 1 of 1

AAR opponent wanted

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:38 am
by wobbly
It's not as if I don't spend enough time playing or reading this forum, but I have an idea:

One of the things I look forward to when I log in at work is the forum and its AAR's - seeing how others are doing things, then trying to emulate their deeds. I would like to find an opponent who is willing to write their thoughts and battle plans down in the AAR forum.

The idea here is the opponent and I write our battle plans - looking for constructive criticism from PBEM gurus and the like - and then make a decision as to our moves. We can all then watch the plans unfold. The point of this is I would like to be able to write down my thinking and see if it coincides with others, and look forward immensly to the end game where i could go over the other sides thinking.

Obviously my opponent must want to write his thoughts in the AAR forum, also they MUST NOT read their opponents AAR, bit of a giveaway. Therefore this really requires trust!

Now to the specifics of the game, it appears scenerio 17 is the favourite and concensus puts the japanese on 160% + commitment. Jap sub doctrine off, US damage control on, variable at very (a bit different). Being in the middle of a game with 2 day turns I really don't want to do it again - I'd rather it just took longer.

I have played 1 game which I lost, am in the throes of loosing another and have just lost 3 jap carriers to none as the japs in another (in other words I am rubbish) - hence trying to get some running commentary on how to play this game better :D . However, i don't really feel like another bashing, and this is a learning experience - for BOTH sides, so really what I am after is a relative newby who wants to do his side as an AAR. phew what a mouthfull.

I would rather play the allies this time!

Please reply to wobbly1@actrix.gen.nz

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:41 am
by wobbly
opponent found - AARs will start shortly

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:53 am
by Hikaru
Dangit, your opponent beat me to it. :)

Ah, well... I'll be along for the ride, certainly, anxiously reading the AARs... I think it's a great idea!