Breaking a Normandy Stalemate and the temporary ports
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 am
So I'm looking for some advice for the following situation:
It's Spring 1945, so far I have the Allies contained in Central Italy as well as normandy.
In Normandy they are pretty much stuck in 2 big pockets on the peninsula.
Now I've been trying to clear the smaller of the 2 pockets for months, got a couple of Inf divisions, one Airborne and one Armor Division ... I always get close but never manage to make anyone retreat or route.
so going for their supply would be a logical way to go but it seems that neither naval strikes nor bombings of the temporary ports makes any difference. They sit in good supply with the Amphibious TF sitting offshore.
It's a deadlock, they cant push me back and I cant clear the pockets.
Just wondering how you would break that kind of deadlock ... I rotate Divs around and attack and attack but it's never enough and even tough I'm gonna win the scenario even my front completely crumbles i'd like to tackle this before time runs out.
It's Spring 1945, so far I have the Allies contained in Central Italy as well as normandy.
In Normandy they are pretty much stuck in 2 big pockets on the peninsula.
Now I've been trying to clear the smaller of the 2 pockets for months, got a couple of Inf divisions, one Airborne and one Armor Division ... I always get close but never manage to make anyone retreat or route.
so going for their supply would be a logical way to go but it seems that neither naval strikes nor bombings of the temporary ports makes any difference. They sit in good supply with the Amphibious TF sitting offshore.
It's a deadlock, they cant push me back and I cant clear the pockets.
Just wondering how you would break that kind of deadlock ... I rotate Divs around and attack and attack but it's never enough and even tough I'm gonna win the scenario even my front completely crumbles i'd like to tackle this before time runs out.