Page 1 of 1

Battle.com/Roger Wilco

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 6:30 am
by Drex
Has anyone used Roger Wilco or Battlecom?is it worthwhile. does it add a new dimension to SPWAW? Does it require state-of-the-art equipment,high RAM etc?

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 6:44 am
by Don
Try this (I searched for "Battlecom")
http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001994.html

Don


[This message has been edited by Don (edited November 05, 2000).]

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 7:20 am
by Drake
Originally posted by Drex:
Has anyone used Roger Wilco or Battlecom?is it worthwhile. does it add a new dimension to SPWAW? Does it require state-of-the-art equipment,high RAM etc?
Battlecom has more features but it requires more CPU usage. If you got a high end system with a cable modem or better, you should use it.

Roger Wilco is more low end. Dont use as much of the CPU and good if you have a phone line cannection it uses less of your connection.

I use Rager wilco myself. Makes for more fun becouse you can chat when your playing and not have to type. Good for talking tactics and very good if you in a 4 ways were you have a partner.




[This message has been edited by Drake (edited November 05, 2000).]

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 9:57 am
by Kharan
You can also send private messages in SPWAW to specific players by typing playername: blah blah in the chat box. You can talk to your team only by typing "team:" in front of the message. Drawback is that messages with smileys ( :-) )won't be received by anyone.

[This message has been edited by Kharan (edited November 05, 2000).]

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 12:02 am
by Hauptmann6
I use Roger Wilco for CFS. It runs pretty well on low end systems(P200) and pretty good quality. The new version allows different channels. So you can have a team channel and an overall channel and can switch by hitting a key without leaving your game. I haven't tried it yet though.

Hauptmann
www.cfsipgames.com

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 5:32 am
by Drex
Thanks guys. I knew I could count on you for some feedback. I think consensus slightly tilts in favor of Roger Wilco so I will give that a try. Of course the other guy has to have it too. I wonder how many SPWAW'ers out there use it?

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 6:50 am
by CommieKiller
RW works really well. I use it alot playing Delta force2 during practice and matches.

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 10:38 am
by Fredde
Don't forget the third option.. teamsound ;-)
that's also a great communication program.