Page 1 of 1
What does the [D] mean
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:09 am
by MikeJ19
I've tried to post a picture of this, but it is taking a long time to load.
In the mission editor, I have created a patrol mission and set an activation time, assigned planes to the mission and got them ready.
I then created a different mission - a support one. I noticed that the first mission has a [D] in front of the mission name and the mission name is also in red. I have no idea what I have done wrong.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
RE: What does the [D] mean
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:31 am
by ColonelMolerat
I can't remember for sure, but could it be that the mission is 'deactivated' and will activate once the activation time comes along?
RE: What does the [D] mean
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am
by DWReese
Mike,
Unless I'm misreading what you are writing, the words are probably in italics and the "D" stands for DELAY. The mission is set to occur LATER in the game.
Now, if this isn't the case, then I'm not certain what you are talking about.
Doug
RE: What does the [D] mean
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:51 am
by Gunner98
Nothing wrong. D=deactivated, if it is red it means it has an activation time sometime in the future.
B
RE: What does the [D] mean
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:36 pm
by MikeJ19
Good that all makes sense. It was planned for the future - with an activation time of 0300Z.
However, I had another one planned to take off at the same time, but it is not in red, nor did the [D] show up. But, maybe I made a mistake as it took off 0205Z, not the 0300Z I had planned for it to take off.
As I look, I see that it has an active status, where as my [D] Cap- escorts has an inactive status. Should I have switched the recce status to inactive?
Maybe I am making this too difficult for myself. I want to fly a recce mission over a target. I want this recce mission to have escorts. Could I set up one mission, and then assigned some planes to the recce part (Support mission) and then some to be escorts?
Thanks for the help,

RE: What does the [D] mean
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:39 pm
by MikeJ19
I played with it some more, and yes the [D] indicates that it is not active, ie it is delayed. I put the recce inactive and am going to see if the recce and escorts both take off around 0300.
RE: What does the [D] mean
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:41 pm
by MikeJ19
Whew, that worked. Both missions took off shortly after 0300Z.
Thanks for the help!