Page 1 of 1

Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:21 am
by Christolos
It's been several turns now and everything seems Ok except readiness and moral levels, which are low (13% and 11% respectively), but I just can't reinforce the Burma Corps in Indian. Supply is good enough, but that doesn't help. I also can't attach the Corps to two available HQs. What am I missing here??? [&:]


C

Image

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:04 am
by Hubert Cater
If I'm understanding this correctly, the Indian HQs will not be able to attach a Burmese Corps, however I won't be able to understand the reinforce issue without having access to a saved turn. If this is a game against the AI, could you send me a saved turn to support@furysoftware.com?


RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:08 pm
by Christolos
Hi Hubert,

This is happening in a PBEM++ game, challenge ID 137952

It's been 5 of 6 turns in a row where the unit has been in good supply (6-7) with full actions points, and I just can't reinforce it. [&:] [:(]
Could it be because it has very low morale/readiness?

To which HQ can the Burmese corps be attached to?

C

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:48 pm
by BillRunacre
Hi Christolos

Its supply value and the MPPs available to its Major are the key factors here, if both are fine then reinforcing shouldn't be a problem unless the unit were surrounded by enemy units on all land hexes.

So I wonder if the British are spending all their MPPs before coming to reinforce this? Long shot maybe, but if we can exclude this it would be good to know. [:)]

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:53 pm
by Hubert Cater
What I'm able to do is to extract the last game state from the PBEM++ server and convert it to a Hotseat game on my end to inspect the turn as is. When I load the turn, the Brits only have 3 MPPs left so this would seem to explain why the Burmese Corps could not be reinforced as it is a UK minor. If I play through two turns back to the Allied turn and with full MPPs I am then able to reinforce the unit.

Can you confirm?

Also, for the Burmese Corps, they would only be able to attach to a Burmese HQ, but since there are none available, the Corps will not be attachable.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:03 pm
by Xenocide
Couldn't they attach to a British HQ since it is a British minor?

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:50 pm
by Schokolokos
Looks like Christolos is broken, can we croundfund some money, eh, MPP for him? [:D]

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:48 pm
by Hubert Cater
ORIGINAL: Xenocide

Couldn't they attach to a British HQ since it is a British minor?

No and for the same reason why a German HQ could not attach a Romanian unit even though Romania is a German minor in game. It is just the way things are setup as in most cases, minors have their own HQs.

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:36 pm
by Xenocide
Oh, I have been thinking minors can benefit from their controlling major's HQs and playing that way. Oops.

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:43 pm
by Christolos
ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

What I'm able to do is to extract the last game state from the PBEM++ server and convert it to a Hotseat game on my end to inspect the turn as is. When I load the turn, the Brits only have 3 MPPs left so this would seem to explain why the Burmese Corps could not be reinforced as it is a UK minor. If I play through two turns back to the Allied turn and with full MPPs I am then able to reinforce the unit.

Can you confirm?

Also, for the Burmese Corps, they would only be able to attach to a Burmese HQ, but since there are none available, the Corps will not be attachable.

Hope this helps,
Hubert
Ok, and this is a little embarrassing [8|] , I originally thought the Burma corps could be reinforced with Indian MPPs...ooops! [8|]

Cheers,

C

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:45 pm
by Christolos
ORIGINAL: Schokolokos

Looks like Christolos is broken, can we croundfund some money, eh, MPP for him? [:D]

Lol! [:)]

Cheers,

C

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:53 pm
by amandkm
Let's set up a GoFundMe!

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:04 am
by Hubert Cater
ORIGINAL: Xenocide

Oh, I have been thinking minors can benefit from their controlling major's HQs and playing that way. Oops.

Just possible supply benefits, not HQ leadership benefits.

RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:05 am
by Hubert Cater
ORIGINAL: Christolos

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

What I'm able to do is to extract the last game state from the PBEM++ server and convert it to a Hotseat game on my end to inspect the turn as is. When I load the turn, the Brits only have 3 MPPs left so this would seem to explain why the Burmese Corps could not be reinforced as it is a UK minor. If I play through two turns back to the Allied turn and with full MPPs I am then able to reinforce the unit.

Can you confirm?

Also, for the Burmese Corps, they would only be able to attach to a Burmese HQ, but since there are none available, the Corps will not be attachable.

Hope this helps,
Hubert
Ok, and this is a little embarrassing [8|] , I originally thought the Burma corps could be reinforced with Indian MPPs...ooops! [8|]

Cheers,

C

No worries!