Page 1 of 1
New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:51 pm
by Alan Sharif
Out in two days time, apparently. Are these a new company. I have not heard of them before. A lot of detail. The name hints at an Avalon Hill connection.
https://avalon-digital.com/en/games/colonial-conquest
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:55 pm
by Alan Sharif
My mistake, this title has been out for a few years. I have just never heard of it, or the publisher.
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:12 pm
by operating
Regardless, the site did have something to offer, games I've never read about before..
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:12 pm
by Aurelian
There was an SSI game by the same name.
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:40 pm
by GaryChildress
Wow! I thought I knew about most of the main wargame sites out there but I've never heard of any of the games on that site. They look like pretty standard wargames, the sort of stuff Matrix produces.
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:49 am
by Twotribes
It lists prices in foreign currency no idea how much they cost in US Dollars.
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:53 am
by RangerJoe
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:36 am
by Rosseau
I bought the game back in Feb. on a Steam sale. It is okay and $5 U.S. would be a worthwhile deal.
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:49 am
by Red2112
Same folks that have WAW, been following them for a bit as the are working on
Carrier Batlles portover from the board game.
https://avalon-digital.com/en/dlc/carrier-battles
Release date circa Nov.2019 [:)]
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:20 am
by Alan Sharif
Glad I am not the only one who was unfamiliar with this publisher. Thanks for your support. I must confess, I felt a bit of a tit after posting, then seeing my mistake.

RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:23 am
by Alan Sharif
Their Battles For Spain quad, out in a couple of days, looks a lot like WAW. I shall be picking it up if the price is right.
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:33 am
by DonCzirr
I like them for their casual war strategy games on IOS (now that Slitherine has bailed out of that market):
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=89807
Not exactly what I what I would play on PC .... but fun to pull out the iPAD while waiting for the wife in the supermarket parking lot to play a little Tannenberg 1914 or Vikings vs England [:)]
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:14 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: Aurelian
There was an SSI game by the same name.
Looks like a remake of that fantastic old SSI game. Same or similar mechanics with updated UI and graphics.
RE: New Game Colonial Conquest
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:50 am
by DeletedUser1709726237
I played in Colonial Conquest, it is available also on Steam. It is simple wargame, rather in terms of Risk, but quite fun. This game holds the atmosphere of colonial times, thanks to music and graphic style. I can recommend it

And yes - this is remake of old SSi game in the same title.