Page 1 of 1

German Script for Banners?

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:38 am
by AbsntMndedProf
Does anyone know where I can download the fancy German script for use in banners? Or, alternatively, a site that allows you to make lettering in German script for banners? Thanks!

Eric Maietta

Sometimes....

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:19 am
by Orzel Bialy
you might have to make due with what you have at hand...;)

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:19 am
by Karnaaj
D'you mean the fancy "Olde English"-style hand-lettered stuff? Check font-sites for a Teutonic or Gothic type that looks good. Sturgeon's Law applies, o'course... there's a lotta crap out there.

Prof, do a net search for "fonts"

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:08 am
by KG Erwin
I found several sites that offer customized fonts & scripts, but they are "pay per download".

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:59 am
by Karnaaj
Keep digging... you should be able to find some freebie ones out there for fonts, anyways. I'd toss a URL or three, but I don't have any non-dead ones handy at the moment. <sigh>

Font website

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:37 am
by Oxtane
Try www.1001fonts.com. If you cannot find a font you like there then I think you might be in trouble!! Tons of great fonts and they are free.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:18 pm
by AbsntMndedProf
Thanks Oxtane! That site is a real keeper!

Eric Maietta

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:36 pm
by tracer
Word of warning: make sure you don't have 'auto-install' turned on when you hit these font sites. When I checked out the link above (any many others) two notorious adware/spyware programs tried to install themselves (WeatherBug and ClockSync). The site does have a great assortment of fonts; just make sure you don't leave there with more than you expected. Image