Page 1 of 1

70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:44 pm
by MrsWargamer
OMG! only 70 days until cold :) I call October 01 the start of cold.

It helps to understand I'm a Canadian snow bunny. I don't suffer February blahs, but I do have trouble with August blahs. I've worn my bikini enough times this summer. Not that I need summer to wear a bikini, I'm happy to wear my bikini skiing.

I want the cold back, I don't like bugs. And bug repellent, it smells and gets icky feeling.

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 pm
by zakblood
i like the seasons tbh, so don't mind all 4, but most years in the UK we don't get all 4, so are quite happy when we again do.

Spring runs from March 1 to May 31;
Summer runs from June 1 to August 31;
Fall or Autumn runs from September 1 to November 30; and.
Winter runs from December 1 to February 28 (February 29 in a leap year).

spring is fresh with the bulbs coming up
summer is warm and sunny, some of the time
Fall or Autumn is when the leaves go brown and start to fall and the tree's all go nice colours
winter means cold, wind and rain, but can be snow.

as long as you have them all, i'm happy


RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:57 pm
by Titanwarrior89
It doesn't really get cold here(Ark)(overall)until Feb. Its been cooking here all summer. I was in upper New York for a year and just about froze the whole time I was there.[:-][:-]

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:18 pm
by Lobster
By mid January I miss the summer and wish it was July. By mid July I miss the winter and wish it was January. In fall and spring I want time to stand still. It doesn't of course. [;)]

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:39 pm
by Twotribes
ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

OMG! only 70 days until cold :) I call October 01 the start of cold.

It helps to understand I'm a Canadian snow bunny. I don't suffer February blahs, but I do have trouble with August blahs. I've worn my bikini enough times this summer. Not that I need summer to wear a bikini, I'm happy to wear my bikini skiing.

I want the cold back, I don't like bugs. And bug repellent, it smells and gets icky feeling.
Well lets have some pictures of you in your Bikini......

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:49 pm
by Boonierat1972
Only two seasons where I live : too cold and too hot.

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:51 pm
by Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: Twotribes

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

OMG! only 70 days until cold :) I call October 01 the start of cold.

It helps to understand I'm a Canadian snow bunny. I don't suffer February blahs, but I do have trouble with August blahs. I've worn my bikini enough times this summer. Not that I need summer to wear a bikini, I'm happy to wear my bikini skiing.

I want the cold back, I don't like bugs. And bug repellent, it smells and gets icky feeling.
Well lets have some pictures of you in your Bikini......
I have some clinical interest as well

[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:02 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:27 pm
by DD696
Just do it! If there is no bikini shots, what else do us old farts have to live for?

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:51 pm
by Blond_Knight
70 days until...the bugs go back to hell where they belong!
Oh and pictures or it didnt happen.

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:33 pm
by Will_L
Autumn... My favorite time of the year, hope we have a nice one this year in NYC.
We had a good spring, was great until late June.

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:18 am
by MrsWargamer
Hehe, yes, I agree, pictures or it didn't happen :)

I'll get something fer ya shortly :)

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:37 am
by RangerJoe
I would rather have a dry -30 F or C than a humid 32 F or 0 C.

The nice thing about winter is no road construction, mosquitoes, biting flies, and ticks. Sharing body heat is a nice way to stay warm. I got used to sleeping with two female warm bodies . . .

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:31 am
by Toby42
In my part of Florida it cools down around the first of October. We do get a frost in December and January. And sometimes a freeze. At least I don't have to scrape ice and shovel snow!

RE: 70 days until.....

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:22 am
by RangerJoe
I live in an apartment, no snow shoveling either.