Page 1 of 1
SPWAW Zoo
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:30 pm
by Griefbringer
It came to my mind from the recent Kittie-club mails that there is a real zoo located in the SP:WAW OOB's vehicle park. I know at least the following "animals":
Germans:
-Tiger
-Panther
-Nashorn
-Elephant
US:
-M8 Grayhound
-M29 Weasel
But there has to be a lot more that I haven't noticed - so please mention more, I want to make up a real zoo out of these!
Griefbringer
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:35 pm
by Belisarius
-Luchs
-Hummel
-Brummbär (OK, post-war designation but still...)
-Wespe
-M16 Hellcat
-M10 Wolverine
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:23 am
by Figmo
Don't forget the "Puma" Armored car.
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:52 am
by Jim1954
German: Flamingo
Grille (Cricket)
Bison
Maultier (Mule)
Maus
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:26 am
by WhiteRook
Canada: Ram / Kangaroo
England: Wasp
Matilda - another name for kangaroo
Staghound
Terrapin
Ferret
Buffalo
US: Dukw
Aligator
Sherman-Crab
Bulldog
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:28 am
by Hades
For the Germans there is the Lynx Pz II and a couple fighter planes and night tanks called Uhu or Owl
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:05 am
by Resisti
Italy:
The assault mini-submarines, known as "Maiali" (Pigs)
The biplane CR-42 "Falco" (Falcon)
Germany:
IIRC, the small recon plane called "Stork"
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:11 pm
by Jim1954
Germany.. Large Hunting Cats I can understand, but why would a nation name SPA after bugs?
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:30 pm
by sandman20
Brits have Crocodiles and Locusts and several countries have Leyland Hippo -trucks

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:16 am
by Belisarius
Originally posted by Jim1954
Germany.. Large Hunting Cats I can understand, but why would a nation name SPA after bugs?
'cause they *BITE* like ......

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:59 pm
by Karnaaj
What, no one said "Firefly"? When I was playing Panzer Commander, I'd always toss shots at them whenever I found 'em - I figured they were just a light recon track and easy to kill. Imagine my suprise when I started playing SPWAW and found out what they *really* were.... <G>
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:07 pm
by Griefbringer
Wow, seems like plenty of animals got their names transferred to the vehicles of various armies.
BTW. I read recently that Soviets named one of their big assault guns "Animal-hunter" because it could so easily take down the German Tigers, Panthers and Elephants.
Griefbringer
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:46 pm
by Belisarius
Originally posted by Griefbringer
Wow, seems like plenty of animals got their names transferred to the vehicles of various armies.
BTW. I read recently that Soviets named one of their big assault guns "Animal-hunter" because it could so easily take down the German Tigers, Panthers and Elephants.
Griefbringer
"Zvierboy" - Animal killer
