Page 1 of 1
Accessibility for New Player
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:01 am
by kam99
I enjoyed the original Harpoon very much.
I purchased CMANO and found it very complex and inaccessible so I stopped playing it.
For a new player, is CMO more user friendly than CMANO?
Many thanks,
kam
RE: Accessibility for New Player
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:17 am
by overkill01
Not really, overall i'd say it's been modernized.
In regards to accessibility, it's easier to keep track of things with the new UI and just quality of life improvements.
It has it's shortcomings but i'm pretty happy with CMO.
This game just takes time to learn.
I bought CMANO about 3-4 years ago. I dropped out real quick because I found it too complex and I knew nothing about modern weapons (i'm more into WW1 and WW2).
About 2 years later I gave it another try and I was serious about it.
I learned everything I could online, learning about radars, weaponssystems, submarines, etc.
Eventually i'm really glad I did because I really started enjoying the game, and learning about all this tech.
And i'm still learning.
RE: Accessibility for New Player
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 am
by thewood1
The simple answer is if CMNAO was too much, CMO is probably not much different. Some of the tutorials are modernized and documentation is more consolidated, but if you're not willing to put the time in to learn it, it won't be any different.