How to handle Strike Missions?
Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:17 pm
Hi
I was playing a cold war scenario tasked with taking out an enemy formation of landing ships.
Once I spotted them I created a strike mission and assigned approx 10 landing ships as targets sending up 21 a/c along with as many escorts. I also opted for off-axis attack. This was an attack with anti-ship missiles
Then I let it play out, what happened was that mission created 5 strike packages coming in from different directions. So far so good. When the first strike package reached weapon release point it targeted only 1 ship, same happened with the 2nd package they also targeted one ship (same ship as the first group), then both groups turned back to base firing only one missile. I was expecting them to launch one missile / ship working with the list of targets I assigned.
What did I do wrong? It seems strange that if you assign 10 targets they only go for the first one and then RTB..
I observed the other 3 groups and for some reason they all RTB after the first ship was destroyed without firing a single missile. I had to unassign them from the mission and then manually destroy all the landing craft. Is there some kind of a bug in the mission logic?
I was playing a cold war scenario tasked with taking out an enemy formation of landing ships.
Once I spotted them I created a strike mission and assigned approx 10 landing ships as targets sending up 21 a/c along with as many escorts. I also opted for off-axis attack. This was an attack with anti-ship missiles
Then I let it play out, what happened was that mission created 5 strike packages coming in from different directions. So far so good. When the first strike package reached weapon release point it targeted only 1 ship, same happened with the 2nd package they also targeted one ship (same ship as the first group), then both groups turned back to base firing only one missile. I was expecting them to launch one missile / ship working with the list of targets I assigned.
What did I do wrong? It seems strange that if you assign 10 targets they only go for the first one and then RTB..
I observed the other 3 groups and for some reason they all RTB after the first ship was destroyed without firing a single missile. I had to unassign them from the mission and then manually destroy all the landing craft. Is there some kind of a bug in the mission logic?