Page 1 of 1

Steam Remote Play

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:23 pm
by kevinkins
I have no idea when this first came out, but noticed a reference to it in another wargame forum. That game is turned based. Anyway, would enabling CMO to work with Steam Remote Play have any utility for players? Maybe this came up before, but I don't remember. First I heard of it just a minute ago.

https://store.steampowered.com/remoteplay

RE: Steam Remote Play

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:05 pm
by xan2622
Hi

There have been many feature requests for CMO and a multi-player mode is one of them. Some players would like real-time MP, others suggested to use a "WE-GO" MP.
I don't know what kind of multiplayer mode will be integrated in CMO in the future but this Steam Remote Play is interesting. It could help find players online and it would be also really cool to be able to play with Steam friends.

I suggest you to post this idea in this thread (to keep track of it easily):
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4709794

RE: Steam Remote Play

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:36 pm
by Wasicun
I think it's time for a real multiplayer for this amazing videogame!

RE: Steam Remote Play

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:45 am
by Sardaukar

RE: Steam Remote Play

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:39 pm
by Zanthra
With Steam Remote play, both players see the same screen. The video is encoded and sent to the remote parties, and their inputs are sent back. This is designed for use with games where two players play on the same screen with separate controllers, like many multiplayer console games, or a hot seat multiplayer where players alternate taking turns. Remote Play would not be of use for CMO, other than perhaps to share your keyboard and mouse with another to assist playing the same side. A proper multiplayer would have to be programmed into the game.

RE: Steam Remote Play

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:43 pm
by kevinkins
That's what I thought about Steam Remote, thanks for confirming. I was thinking that if CMO was launched in editor mode, the sides could be changed back and forth after an agreed upon time frame. Not ideal, but might be interesting to try out on a small scenario. And you are right, it could assist in teaching the game to others or help the developers better understand tech support issues. But if enabling CMO for Remote is a big effort, I would not advocate going down that road. It might just be a niche sort of thing.

Kevin