Page 1 of 1

Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:27 pm
by BogdanM
I've started going through the tutorials, the air warfare and submarine tutorial were very informative and easy to follow the instructions.

I can't say the same about the ASW tutorials/exercises. There are no pop-in messages, the briefing is vague and regardless of which mission I choose (eg. with helicopter support available or defending against a FIAC, the game always loads the first scenario (the one with the helicopter unavailable/in maintenance). Not to mention I never find the enemy sub without cheating (Tacview god view) and when I find it, no further instructions are provided so my ship follows the "unfriendly" sub until the time runs out.

Is this all that there is for these scenario at the moment? I just want to know if the are working properly.

RE: Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:42 pm
by Dimitris
Hi,

We fixed the problem with the briefings in the latest beta update (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4732689) so give this a try.

In these scenarios there is deliberately no mid-game handholding via popups like in the other tutorials; you are given the briefing at the start and are expected to handle yourself from then on. Different creator, different flavor [:)]

RE: Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:35 am
by Chris21wen
ORIGINAL: Dimitris

Hi,

We fixed the problem with the briefings in the latest beta update (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4732689) so give this a try.

In these scenarios there is deliberately no mid-game handholding via popups like in the other tutorials; you are given the briefing at the start and are expected to handle yourself from then on. Different creator, different flavor [:)]


As I pointed out before this does not help people learn the basics, it's the wrong approach. You could play any scenario to acheive this.


RE: Surface Warfare Tutorials are work in progress?

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm
by BogdanM
I've copied the beta update files and tried to first mission again. To be honest I'm not sure what has changed in the briefing. Somehow I managed to find the enemy sub on my first try, sunk it with torpedoes which ended the scenario but I got 0 points for my trouble. [:(]