Page 1 of 1
Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (CLOSED)
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 pm
by Bozo_the_Clown
The game has changed tremendously and I would like to try my luck against an experienced Axis opponent. PM me if interested and I will send you the password.
Here are the settings I offer:
Server game
Bitter-end campaign
No paratrooper drops
No naval invasions
No bombing of unprotected HQ
Not more than 3 attacks on single hex per turn

RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:27 pm
by oldrocky
I would like LOCK HQ for the Germans also.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:19 am
by Telemecus
ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown
No bombing of unprotected HQ
Not more than 3 attacks on single hex per turn
Good to see such a big name from the old days back again.
Not sure if you have caught this up from the patch notes but there is now an increased MP cost for each successive attack on the same hex and the HQ bombing tactic was nerfed. So although there is nothing wrong with keeping these rules nowadays they may also be redundant.
Also even if you choose the lock HQ option each player can unlock HQs anytime they want during the game.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:53 am
by 56ajax
ORIGINAL: Telemecus
ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown
No bombing of unprotected HQ
Not more than 3 attacks on single hex per turn
Good to see such a big name from the old days back again.
Not sure if you have caught this up from the patch notes but there is now an increased MP cost for each successive attack on the same hex and the HQ bombing tactic was nerfed. So although there is nothing wrong with keeping these rules nowadays they may also be redundant.
Also even if you choose the lock HQ option each player can unlock HQs anytime they want during the game.
True but any new HQs that arrive as reinforcements start as Locked?
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:49 am
by Bozo_the_Clown
Good to see such a big name from the old days back again.
Not sure if you have caught this up from the patch notes but there is now an increased MP cost for each successive attack on the same hex and the HQ bombing tactic was nerfed. So although there is nothing wrong with keeping these rules nowadays they may also be redundant.
Also even if you choose the lock HQ option each player can unlock HQs anytime they want during the game.
Thanks! Yeah, I noticed the increased MP cost. And I'm really happy that the HQ bombing tactic was nerfed. Also, changes to rail transport have huge consequences for the Russians and require a completely different strategy for the first two turns. And changes to fortifications also open up new and interesting possibilites. These are all great changes. It's like playing a new game.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:39 pm
by STEF78
ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown
The game has changed tremendously and I would like to try my luck against an experienced Axis opponent. PM me if interested and I will send you the password.
Here are the settings I offer:
Server game
Bitter-end campaign
No paratrooper drops
No naval invasions
No bombing of unprotected HQ
Not more than 3 attacks on single hex per turn
Mild blizzard and no bonus for the soviets?
You were more aggressive in the past [;)]
Good luck for your poor opponent [:D]
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:54 pm
by Bozo_the_Clown
Mild blizzard and no bonus for the soviets?
You were more aggressive in the past
Good luck for your poor opponent
Wait, I am playing the Soviets. Do you mean I'm screwed? [:D]
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:45 pm
by Bozo_the_Clown
Looking to play one more game as the Soviets before I switch to Axis. Only experienced players please.
Patch 1.12.04 required. Upgrades to newer patches only after both players have agreed.
Settings are negotiable and depend on your level of experience.
PM me if interested.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:50 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
Are you doing an AAR on this one? Or only on your German one?
ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown
Looking to play one more game as the Soviets before I switch to Axis. Only experienced players please.
Patch 1.12.04 required. Upgrades to newer patches only after both players have agreed.
Settings are negotiable and depend on your level of experience.
PM me if interested.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:52 pm
by Bozo_the_Clown
Yes, I can do an AAR with a 6 turn delay.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:15 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
Should be experienced enough to be able to commit to the game as Germany.
I would like to add sudden death victory conditions. If Germany controls Leningrad, Moscow, Vorzneh, Stalino, and Rostov April 42.
I have a few other house rules will email you on.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:22 pm
by Bozo_the_Clown
Awesome! Basically, you can set the rules the way you want to. If you feel like it, please just set up a game and send me the password. This is probably the easiest.
Should be experienced enough to be able to commit to the game as Germany.
I would like to add sudden death victory conditions. If Germany controls Leningrad, Moscow, Vorzneh, Stalino, and Rostov April 42.
I have a few other house rules will email you on.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:43 pm
by king171717
ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown
Yes, I can do an AAR with a 6 turn delay.
I would love to read this AAR.

Heard of lot of good things about you guys on the forums.
RE: Looking for experienced Axis player for 1.12.03 (Closed)
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:14 pm
by DeletedUser1769703214
This will not happen since this game is not happening.
ORIGINAL: king171717
ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown
Yes, I can do an AAR with a 6 turn delay.
I would love to read this AAR.

Heard of lot of good things about you guys on the forums.