Page 1 of 1

OOB error after patching to 4.4

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2000 8:35 am
by Darilon
Hi:
I just patched up from 2.x to 4, then 4.1, 4.2 and 4.4. After doing this, SP seems to be running just fine until I try an email game with a friend. In this case, as soon as either of us tries to open a game from the other, we get:
Security violation Player 1 OOB files corrupt!!!

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix? My friend is running 4.4 as well.

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2000 9:21 am
by Pack Rat
Yes. One of you has a differant set of oob's and since you just patched up it must be your friend. Have him go to Tankheads site and he can download the original oob's. He should delete them and then reinstall the download. Tankheads site is a good place for both of you to visit as you can get Warhorses new icons. Have fun and don't forget to join the Gamers League, some good people to play with.

------------------

"Sex, it's natures way of loving you"
Pack Rat

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 7:24 pm
by Windo von Paene
I had this same problem after doing all of the patches as well. I delelted, re-installed the complete44.exe and all was well. I think there is something whacked in the patches, so I would advixe going this route...

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 11:01 pm
by Kharan
I have a feeling that patched 4.4 and complete 4.4 aren't identical.