Page 1 of 2

AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 am
by guctony
Hii I have a deal breaker problem.

I had AKAGI hit by a torpedo in first turn. So I send it to Cam Rahn for some emergency repair. But now it stuck in the port. It does not show any way to get it out from pierside repair. I brought all my AR and a decent naval HQ. But its not working. It seems the problem is 8 inch guns that is damaged. Is there a way to sort this out.


Image

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:10 am
by LargeSlowTarget
Your Akagi shows the repair type "Readiness", not "Pierside".

Switching from pierside or shipyard repairs to readiness may take three days before the ships becomes available - time needed to verify the repairs, to check the systems, to light the boilers and get-up steam, to take on stores and to comb the bars and brothels to assemble the crew.

In the ships-in-port list the ship will be in readiness but greyed-out. If you hover the mouse pointer over the name you will see a pop-up indicating the waiting time.



Image

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:16 am
by guctony
thanks a lot for the reply

But it seems it stuck in 1 day for the last 5 days. I will wait more to see

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:07 am
by Leandros
ORIGINAL: guctony

thanks a lot for the reply

But it seems it stuck in 1 day for the last 5 days. I will wait more to see

I have experienced something similar with a couple of submarines lately. The number of days to finish of repairs do not diminish.

Fred
-----

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:37 am
by Alfred
ORIGINAL: guctony

Hii I have a deal breaker problem.

I had AKAGI hit by a torpedo in first turn. So I send it to Cam Rahn for some emergency repair. But now it stuck in the port. It does not show any way to get it out from pierside repair. I brought all my AR and a decent naval HQ. But its not working. It seems the problem is 8 inch guns that is damaged. Is there a way to sort this out.


Image

You obviously haven't bothered to read either the manual or the Ship Repair Guide.

You don't have the ship in the correct repair mode to get the "major" flotation damage repaired. You can wait for as many days as you like, it won't ever get fixed under the current disposition.

If you think this is "a deal breaker problem" you can look forward to being hit by Allied 4E bombers.


Alfred

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 am
by inqistor
Only shipyard can repair major damage above 5 points. See this strange character beside number of repair days? That means you can not repair it under current configuration. In that case there always will be 1 day shown.

You can operate CV with little damage, but if you want to get rid of damage, you have to put Akagi into large enough Repair Shipyard. The closest one in Saigon is too small, but you can expand it (not worth it).

Anyway, like LST said, it will move into Readiness, if you order it to, but it can take few days.

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:39 am
by RangerJoe
I don't think that it can go up the river to Saigon.

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:33 am
by Uncivil Engineer
ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

I don't think that it can go up the river to Saigon.

+1

You have 2 choices - capture Hong Kong or capture Singapore. Otherwise, Shanghai and/or Nagasaki are your closest ports.


RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:47 am
by HansBolter
I have never, ever seen it take less than three days to manually force the move from pier side to readiness.

After the three days of delay the ship will be available to move to a shipyard large enough to repair its major damage.

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:50 am
by Cap Mandrake
Just move to "readiness"...wait a couple of days until the greyout is over and then give her a bunch of DD's and some Kates or Vals for ASW duty and then send her on "cruise" speed to a safe port with a shipyard capacity greater than her tonnage.

She won't sink with that kind of flotation damage unless you are very unlucky

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 am
by Cap Mandrake
What this is simulating is the need for a dry dock to repair a big hole below the water line. That's why the AR and naval support doesn't work.

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:22 pm
by Evoken
I think you guys misunderstood the question he already switched to Readiness long time ago and its stuck at 1 Day to Readiness , for 5 days

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:24 pm
by RangerJoe
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

What this is simulating is the need for a dry dock to repair a big hole below the water line. That's why the AR and naval support doesn't work.

Yes, tarred canvas tied onto the ship won't work in this case. You might be able to pump it relatively dry but it won't hold. Then filling the area with concrete would be a temporary measure to get it to a drydock facility in a shipyard since the Japanese don't have portable drydocks large enough.

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:30 pm
by geofflambert
I have seen ships come out in one day. Here's the thing, every time you go to that ship's screen and touch anything, it adds another day. Don't touch! The game thinks you're giving new orders and the cycle starts anew.

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:33 pm
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I have seen ships come out in one day. Here's the thing, every time you go to that ship's screen and touch anything, it adds another day. Don't touch! The game thinks you're giving new orders and the cycle starts anew.


This is true. I have done it myself.

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:14 pm
by Scott_USN
Maybe I am wrong but don't heavily damaged ships go back to repair if you miss the day it is available?

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:15 pm
by Scott_USN
ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget


Switching from pierside or shipyard repairs to readiness may take three days before the ships becomes available - time needed to verify the repairs, to check the systems, to light the boilers and get-up steam, to take on stores and to comb the bars and brothels to assemble the crew.


Image

[:D]

Those brothels!

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:31 pm
by geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Scott_USN

Maybe I am wrong but don't heavily damaged ships go back to repair if you miss the day it is available?
Once it starts a turn in "readiness" mode, it is available. When you change it from pierside to readiness, you have to wait a turn.
If it enters port damaged badly enough, it will begin repairing in readiness mode but will be stuck until the necessary repairs that can be completed in readiness mode are done. I think this would include putting fires out and making some emergency flotation repairs.

Oops, I didn't answer your question, did I? [8|] I've never knowingly done that so I don't know. You are probably right, if the ship is badly damaged enough.

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:15 am
by guctony
Hii

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was playing with it to much as you guys mentioned. I dodnt touch for 3 days and yes it free now

RE: AKAGI stuck it port repair

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:07 am
by Kursk1943
Hurrah, another satisfied customer! [:)]