Page 1 of 1

How do US air units get to England??

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am
by RPKUPK
Europe: Early Italian Option:
US air units spotted in England. Greenland Neutral. Iceland Allied.
So HOW did the US air units traverse the Atlantic?? Its too long a haul to fly Reykjavik to Canada.

RE: How do US air units get to England??

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:08 am
by ncc1701e
I assume by boat. It is taking three turns to cross the Atlantic.

RE: How do US air units get to England??

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:22 am
by RPKUPK
You can ship air units?!

RE: How do US air units get to England??

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:24 am
by LiquidSky


Yes....I just boat them across. Same method as with land units. Most planes where boated across with the exception of the 4-engine bombers which could barely make the hop via Newfoundland-Greenland

RE: How do US air units get to England??

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:47 am
by RPKUPK
OK, Thanks!
It helps to have experience from those who have played the Allied side.
In fact, I just shipped an Axis bomber, no problem.
"I did not know that (Johnny Carson)."