Page 1 of 1
Version Upgrades
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 4:43 pm
by SeaWolf
I just picked up a copy of the Computer Gaming World magazine that had the SPW@W ver 4.0 in it. I tried to get the updates so that I could go to ver 4.4 but I can't seem to find the 4.2 upgrade. I got the 4.1 but when I went to download the 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade all I was allowed to do was download the entire 4.4 version.
Where can I get the 4.2 upgrade or is it even needed any longer?.. Can I just get the 4.4 upgrade and go with that?
Great game. Great job. Thanks for the help.
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 6:43 pm
by Wild Bill
I would recommend you install all of them, Seawolf. Go to the download page.
http://www.matrixgames.com/spwaw/downloads.asp
First if you have 4.1 already installed, download 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade.
Once you have that, then download the 4.2 to 4.4 upgrade.
I just tried clicking on them and was able to access them with no problem. I did download them, and it seemed to work fine.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 7:17 pm
by SeaWolf
Thanks WB, but when I try to download the v4.2 upgrade I get a "Cannot open file" error saying the file may have been removed, deleted, or renamed. That's from the Matrix site. If I try to go to the GameDomain site, it only gives me the option to download the entire 4.4 game.
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 7:36 pm
by Tankhead
Hi SeaWolf!
Try this.
ftp://216.200.126.155/pub/SteelPanthers ... pgrade.exe
You can find these link at my Web site. I've just tried them and they work.
Tankhead
------------------
Rick Cloutier
rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://tankhead.home.icq.com
[This message has been edited by Tankhead (edited November 20, 2000).]
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 8:13 pm
by Wild Bill
Something very weird there, Seawolf. I just downloaded it with no problem. I'm not saying it did not happen to you, just wondering why.
What about 4.4? Could you download it?
WB
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 8:28 pm
by Securitas
Bill, I also had no problem downloading the 4.2 patch, but my buddy could not get it. He had the same error as Seawolf. I finally zipped and e-mailed it to him so that we could get to the good stuff!
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 9:20 pm
by Tankhead
Just a shot in the dark but maybe some brownsers don't support FTP.
Tankhead
------------------
Rick Cloutier
rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://tankhead.home.icq.com
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 9:32 pm
by SeaWolf
WB: I don't know for sure what it might be, but I just tried shutting down GetRight, the latest version, might be 2.3 or 4.3, I don't remember, but after I turned off GetRight, I'm able to access the file. I'm using Tankhead's link which was also giving me the same problem before closing GetRight.
So if anybody else is having the same problem, close GetRight.
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 10:03 pm
by Tankhead
If you have problem with GetRight try this one.
http://www.netvampire.com
It works great for me since Getright wouldn't work on my puter.
Tankhead
------------------
Rick Cloutier
rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://tankhead.home.icq.com