[Answered] Aircraft moving around an airport when rearming.
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:49 am
I was building a video explaining how to build airports when I ran into this one:
If you manually assign an airplane to a specific parking spot in an airport (group of buildings one, not single unit) and then select the main airport group, then assign a loadout, the aircraft will move to a different parking spot at the same airport.
This might not be a bug since it seems that rearming causes the aircraft to go to the "safest" place to rearm such as a hangar. You can override this feature by manually setting the loadout to the aircraft at it's parking spot.
I note that on carriers, aircraft that are "Resting" tend to be stored below decks anyway, which must be happening here as well.
If you manually assign an airplane to a specific parking spot in an airport (group of buildings one, not single unit) and then select the main airport group, then assign a loadout, the aircraft will move to a different parking spot at the same airport.
This might not be a bug since it seems that rearming causes the aircraft to go to the "safest" place to rearm such as a hangar. You can override this feature by manually setting the loadout to the aircraft at it's parking spot.
I note that on carriers, aircraft that are "Resting" tend to be stored below decks anyway, which must be happening here as well.