Page 1 of 1

CTD when trying to open a PBEM file

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:00 pm
by Manfred
Hi, I am currently playing a PBEM game (challenge ID 189593) and when I am trying to play my turn, after the options screen, the game is loading as usual, then the music stops and the game crashes to desktop before I have the option to view the replay.
Is the PBEM file corrupted, and if yes is it possible to correct it ?

RE: CTD when trying to open a PBEM file

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:51 pm
by Hubert Cater
Hi Manfred,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The only thing I can try is to roll back to the previous turn (it is an option I have access to on the server) which I've now just done.

Let me know if this helps,
Hubert

RE: CTD when trying to open a PBEM file

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:24 pm
by Manfred
Hi Hubert. You rolled back to a previous turn ? I don't know if my opponent played again its turn, but I received a mail to tell me that it was my turn to play.
I tried again to join the game, but it still crashes after the options screen.
any clue ?

RE: CTD when trying to open a PBEM file

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:41 pm
by Manfred
I finally uninstalled and installed the game again, now it works.

RE: CTD when trying to open a PBEM file

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:36 am
by Hubert Cater
Good to hear it is now working again.