Page 1 of 1
Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:35 am
by Dalwin
When launching the game, as soon as I get to the screen with the map in the background, I get a message saying that "Beta has expired." It then drops back to the desktop.
At no point have I ever downloaded any version of beta for this game. I am playing the Steam release default version.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:44 am
by Uxbridge
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:48 am
by Dalwin
Thanks. I joined in on that thread.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:38 am
by guggy
Pretty sure everyone will end up in this thread today [8|]
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:09 am
by Franciscus
With the open beta (08U1) this seems to not occur.
I suppose this may have to do with Unity engine
Hope Alvaro and Matrix launch a hotfix ASAP...
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:37 am
by MorningDew
Getting the same - and I updated using the Launcher.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:39 am
by AlvaroSousa
Im on it. Must of forgot to turn off the beta flag.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:14 am
by PanzerMike
Alvaro,why build in a beta expiration flag at all??
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:10 pm
by AlvaroSousa
It is to protect the work of an indie developer. To put a scope on this with all the hours I have put in till today I have made around $9 an hour for my time after expenses. So any nefarious wrong doing by someone openly spreading the game to players would be really damaging.
This is my opinion. The money from developing wargames comes from royalties over time. The first game is the toughest because it takes so long to do. You learn new ways to do things easy and reuse them in future games. Like pathfinding, or a hex map system that were developed and improved during the first run. In today's case making sure I have a text that says "this is a beta version" so I don't make this same mistake again. Then games after the 1st one become easier and easier and the money catches up. I estimate it will take about a decade before things catch up with 3-4 games under my belt and a steady middle class income. Which is great for working in my pajamas.
If someone pirated my 1st game. That would be catastrophic. Civil court won't help.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:11 pm
by AlvaroSousa
Steam .72 is up.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:19 pm
by AlvaroSousa
I am going to walk my dog. I just tested the .72 and it works. So keep checking the Matrix updater.
One thing you will find is a new yes/no for saves
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:18 pm
by sillyflower
I am confused (again) because I don't have the beta - just the .07 patch + the hotfix, but I'm still being told that a beta I do not have (because I don't know how to install betas in this game) has expired.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:22 pm
by Franciscus
ORIGINAL: sillyflower
I am confused (again) because I don't have the beta - just the .07 patch + the hotfix, but I'm still being told that a beta I do not have (because I don't know how to install betas in this game) has expired.
Don't worry.
Just grab patch .072, either from file downloads or via the Matrix updater and all will be good.
Cheers
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:26 pm
by Manstein63
It should be up in the updater shortly just upgrade as you £I’d for the earlier patches
ORIGINAL: sillyflower
I am confused (again) because I don't have the beta - just the .07 patch + the hotfix, but I'm still being told that a beta I do not have (because I don't know how to install betas in this game) has expired.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:18 am
by MorningDew
Is it working from the updater? Mine still shows expired and the launcher says I have the more recent version.
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:25 am
by AlvaroSousa
I PMed you Andrew
RE: Beta has expired???
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:31 pm
by sillyflower
ORIGINAL: AndrewKurtz
Is it working from the updater? Mine still shows expired and the launcher says I have the more recent version.
I had the same problem and even trying to reinstall the game kept failing to reinstall. I just got my steam code and installation was hassle-free, so I can now play once more, and Alvaro will get another positive steam review as soon as his cheque clears[:D]