Command LIVE: Aegean In Flames thoughts
Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:41 pm
I've just completed the scenario as Greece. I was able to get a Triumph with 4220 points.
I wanted to share a few critiques from my experience.
1) As I stated in another thread, all of the Greek AAA and SAM Sites are, by default, Weapons HOLD. I did not realize this until things started going. I don't see a reason why AD Sites shouldn't be at Weapons TIGHT by default.
2) When I started the scenario, I was waiting for a good opportunity to start combat against the Turkish Forces, ether when my strike aircraft were all ready, or if the Turks make a strong provocation. I started hostilities after a Turkish Submarine East of Cyprus fired a pair of ASCM. However, these missiles seemed to be flying aimlessly to the east, never threatening any of my vessels. I started operations (my first shots being ATACMS striking targets within Range) but it seems like odd behavior from the Turkish submarine.....
3) I was unable to pick up downed Turkish pilots on land with land units. Two landed on the island of Lesbos, and I sent infantry and armor to grab them, but they seemed unable to do so. I was able to pick up a few survivors using ships, though I considered the area too hot to use aircraft.
I wanted to share a few critiques from my experience.
1) As I stated in another thread, all of the Greek AAA and SAM Sites are, by default, Weapons HOLD. I did not realize this until things started going. I don't see a reason why AD Sites shouldn't be at Weapons TIGHT by default.
2) When I started the scenario, I was waiting for a good opportunity to start combat against the Turkish Forces, ether when my strike aircraft were all ready, or if the Turks make a strong provocation. I started hostilities after a Turkish Submarine East of Cyprus fired a pair of ASCM. However, these missiles seemed to be flying aimlessly to the east, never threatening any of my vessels. I started operations (my first shots being ATACMS striking targets within Range) but it seems like odd behavior from the Turkish submarine.....
3) I was unable to pick up downed Turkish pilots on land with land units. Two landed on the island of Lesbos, and I sent infantry and armor to grab them, but they seemed unable to do so. I was able to pick up a few survivors using ships, though I considered the area too hot to use aircraft.