Page 1 of 1

setting a hostFacility property

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:45 pm
by wqc12345
Ok, this took me a while.. but I finally was able to dump all properties of the Unit object.

Code: Select all

local a = ScenEdit_GetUnit({ side = 'USSR' , name = 'Roxy #1' })
 print(a.fields)
 for k,v in pairs(a.fields) do
 if string.find(k,'property_') ~= nil then
 local t = string.find(v," , ") -- location of first ,
 print("\r\n[object] = " .. string.sub(v,2,t-1) ) -- property name
 print( a[string.sub(v,2,t-1)] ) -- value of property
 end
 end

All I want to do is assign the BASE of the unit, there appears to be a properly called "hostFacility" but when I go to set this, nothing happens to the unit.

local a = ScenEdit_GetUnit({ side = 'USSR' , name = 'Roxy #1' })
ScenEdit_SetUnit({ side = 'USSR' , name = 'Roxy #1'}, {hostFacility='Nairobi Air Force Base (KDPA)'})

Tried tables, selectors, etc.. nothing.

Any ideas? I'm not even sure that's the right lua wrapper, but there is no other host or assignedBase property.

Thanks,

RE: setting a hostFacility property

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:32 pm
by michaelm75au
To change base using the unit wrapper.
local u = ScenEdit_GetUnit({name='Looking #1', guid='207d76e0-e5be-4012-bbc8-93a142bb5b7b'})
print(u.base)
-- new base has to be a unit wrapper for some reason (I can't recall why)
u.base = ScenEdit_GetUnit({name='Tsu'})
print(u.base)

RE: setting a hostFacility property

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:34 pm
by michaelm75au
unit.hostFacility from memory is the the facility holding the unit (such as a Hanger)

RE: setting a hostFacility property

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:41 pm
by michaelm75au
ScenEdit_SetUnit({ side = 'USSR' , name = 'Roxy #1', base = 'Nairobi Air Force Base (KDPA)'})

This should work also as long as the base can host the unit.

RE: setting a hostFacility property

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:13 pm
by wqc12345
Thanks. That worked.