Page 1 of 1

New Beta Release (RC-3): Cuban Cigars Sir?, Angola 1989

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm
by wqc12345
This is a new scenario I've been working on. It based on the Angolan Bush War, with this engagement taking place in early 1989.

It's a fluid and dynamic scenario with, I hope, good AI reaction to movements by the player. Please let me know your thoughts and comments, and if you encounter any bugs.

It’s a beta release, so, I’m curious if all the main pieces fire correctly, stuff doesn’t get clobbered too soon, and you have a good idea of what to do and how to kill it. Also, many dependencies exist with mission flows and I want to make sure important story pieces (SA side) don’t get confusing or burned by a random reference point.

I’m also the author of the scenario entitled “Ruby Slipper”. This was my first real attempt at complex lua scripting.

I like smaller more discreet scenarios that give the player a lot of AI movement and message immersion. I also think it’s fun to try to give the player enough assets that killing the primary objectives is clear and simple and ultimately the player has fun.

UPDATED TO RC3 - 7/8/20- Final Beta Release

Scenario Author: Will Coleman


RE: New Beta Release: Cuban Cigars Sir?, Angola 1989

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:55 am
by stolypin
Looks VERY cool.

I'll try to spend time with it over the next few days.

RE: New Beta Release: Cuban Cigars Sir?, Angola 1989

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:18 pm
by wqc12345
Check the update, which I uploaded today

RE: New Beta Release (RC-2): Cuban Cigars Sir?, Angola 1989

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:50 pm
by wqc12345
Final update posted today, be curious if others think it's too easy, hard, or fun?