Page 1 of 1

Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:48 pm
by djoos5
I have not spent a lot of time on CMO since I bought it save to make sure it is updated with each iteration released. But Friday I finally got a chance to start up a game and play with the new UI and look at some of my scenarios I created years ago for CMANO.

I know that Med Conflict had been broken with the updates and needed fixed. Aircraft would launch and disintegrate upon take-off and missions would not initiate. Well, after a couple days of tweaking, I think I have the scenario back in working order for CMO. If anyone is interested in playing and testing, let me know if you have any challenges.

I can say that I was trounced and lost my SAG in the first five hours of gameplay, so I either need to look at balance or my skills as a player. [:D]

One question I have for the other players is, does it really take 1 day and a few hours to turn around a F-14A (or B) Tomcat after they RTB? I don't seem to remember it being that way in CMANO, so I need to know if there is a setting that I need to apply. I saw the Quick Turnaround option, but it did not change the ready times on my aircraft.

Thanks for any answers and if anyone plays this old story, I hope you enjoy!

DJ

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:56 pm
by Kushan04
Check the surge vs sustained ROE. Surge will have a quicker turn around.

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:56 pm
by djoos5
Thanks, Kushan! I will check it out.

Should I set it for the Ai, too?

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:23 am
by Kushan04
Depend on the length of the scenario. Surge is fine for 24-48 hours after that I tend to switch to sustained.

Could turn on quick turn around as well. They'll have a max flying time (varies on aircraft type) and there's a limit to the number of sorties (usually 2) that they can fly before needing a long downtime.

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:08 pm
by Selchu
I think I see what he is talking about. At scenario start I have armed my reserve Tomcats and Hornets and am being told 1 day 17 hours before they are ready to fly.........


Edit: That appears to be across both the CSG and the SAG.

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 pm
by djoos5
Actually, I set the scenario to have those aircraft in reserve and not immediately available. I am actually talking about after the Cats return from an AAW engagement and need to be put back in the air. It is showing they need a day and a few hours, which I don’t remember being the case in CMANO.

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:18 pm
by Selchu
I get that. It's normal to have some in reserve and then set the loadout while other missions are running. But I have never seen it take 30 hours to ready aircraft even from reserve.

Only time I have seen similar, was with damaged aircraft including repair time.

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:23 pm
by djoos5
30 hours? Wow, that seems really broken.

Thanks for the input. I am going to look at the settings in the scenario - see if there are news functions I am missing.

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:12 pm
by Schr75
Hi Djoos5

Your problem is that you are using an obsolete DB.
This causes several issues, namely units starting damaged.

Several ships are damaged from the start, but more important, your Tomcats start with 80% damage.

That´s why they take 30 hours to ready.
If you update to the latest DB, they will only take 3 hrs to ready.

Søren

RE: Updated Med Conflict (rev L)

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:10 pm
by djoos5
Thanks! I didn't look at that. I will go now.

I appreciate your help!