Page 1 of 1

Saving Campaigns when Buying a new PC

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:47 am
by jrono
Greetings Fellow Wargamers,

I am playing War in the Pacific and a monster Russian Front scenario from Operational Art of War IV. These games have been going on for a year and half. However my PC grows weak and foolish after serving me for several years. I plan on getting a new PC soon but I don't want to toss these games out. I seek advice on how to safe my games so they can be transferred over to my new PC.

I am thinking to save all my Matrix stuff to my external hard drive and then plug it in to the new PC.

Any instructions would be greatly appreciated so that I can continue my campaigns!

With Respect,

Jon

RE: Saving Campaigns when Buying a new PC

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:39 pm
by RangerJoe
You could also reinstall the games to the hard drive and play from there.

RE: Saving Campaigns when Buying a new PC

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:22 am
by cpdeyoung
1. Keep your old machine till everything is working on the new machine!
2 Get the new computer up and running fine.
3. Install WitP and TOAW (from your Matrix page), and test them.
4. On the old machine, save your current turns.
5. Copy the saved turns to the new computer. If both machines are on the same network this is a good route. Otherwise a thumb drive should do the job.
6. Play till you are sure all is working.
7. Smile and enjoy gaming.

Chuck

RE: Saving Campaigns when Buying a new PC

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:53 am
by RangerJoe
You can also get either a crossover cable or a USB cable that can directly hook the two computers together.

RE: Saving Campaigns when Buying a new PC

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:37 pm
by jrono
Thanks guys! This community is awesome.