Page 1 of 1

Tank sites?

Posted: Fri May 09, 2003 12:30 pm
by Teräspantteri
Thanks to SPWAW, I've become quite a tank fanatic and would like to know what are the best websites concerning tanks in WW2? I ran a couple of searches with google but wasn't really satisfied with the results, so I thought that this is the place to turn to for advice. My main interest is in Russian and German AFV's.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:16 pm
by Belisarius
Since I'm at work and don't have my bookmarks around, a VERY good site right off the bat is:

Achtung Panzer!

by George Parada. Donate some if you can, his site is a goldmine and from time to time he has to limit the sites available due to bandwidth bill. :)

Also, if you want to see a Tiger like you never seen it before,look at this: Tiger tank restoration

And of course, there's always the Third Reich Factbook with info on both German and Russian armies as well as armor.

I'll provide more tonight...

Posted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:48 pm
by Tbone3336
Originally posted by Belisarius
Since I'm at work and don't have my bookmarks around, a VERY good site right off the bat is:

Achtung Panzer!

by George Parada. Donate some if you can, his site is a goldmine and from time to time he has to limit the sites available due to bandwidth bill. :)

Also, if you want to see a Tiger like you never seen it before,look at this: Tiger tank restoration

And of course, there's always the Third Reich Factbook with info on both German and Russian armies as well as armor.

I'll provide more tonight...



Thanks Belisarius,
That tank restoration site is awesome. Great reading.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:09 pm
by Jim1954
This one is worth a look:

http://www.battlefield.ru/

:)

Wow!

Posted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:08 pm
by Teräspantteri
Great sites! That "Achtung Panzer!" is simply awesome! Just what I've been looking for.

Thanks!

Posted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:45 am
by Goblin

Posted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:02 am
by tracer

Posted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:12 am
by Svennemir
It's not tanks, but these pictures are really excellent! (Especially for those who speak German.)

http://www.bilder-des-krieges.de/

Posted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:35 am
by tracer
Originally posted by Svennemir
It's not tanks, but these pictures are really excellent! (Especially for those who speak German.)

http://www.bilder-des-krieges.de/


S,
I noticed a neat feature with that page: if you click on the box that says 'Bild 1' (etc) you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to move thru the list. Thanks for the link...that's one I've never seen before.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:14 am
by Arto
http://www.andreaslarka.net/
Over 1100 great photos. Includes also very detailed information on Finnish StuG IIIG's.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:52 pm
by Belisarius
Originally posted by Svennemir
It's not tanks, but these pictures are really excellent! (Especially for those who speak German.)

http://www.bilder-des-krieges.de/


Excellent photos. Good captions as well, it seems they are written of the back of the photos? They seem to "personal" to have been added just for the website.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:22 pm
by Voriax