space bar
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:29 pm
The space bar in most CM games brought up the action menu am I missing something here? Also there are no short cut keys for movement etc

Short cut keys for movement etc. is listed on the buttons.
ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw
There seems to be a few things missing from the original CMSF, no short cut keys for movement or combat
ORIGINAL: HunterICX
Short cut keys for movement etc. is listed on the buttons.
About the hotkeys, WASD (under any camera setting : default/RTS/FPS) Do not move my camera around.
When I check the hotkeys in that menu, it's a bit of a mess. Some of it isn't binded or things like Zoom in/out is binded on my ESC & TAB keys but when I press them nothing happens.
When I check the controls in the main menu I just got even more questions. It doesn't list what is binded and what isn't. And by the looks of it inputs are missing under the category Game Camera, RTS Camera and FPS camera. (I can make screenshots when I get back home from work tonight)
Apart from that what does work is my mouse controls, some keys do something like Space bar gives me a top down view from high above like a bird's eye view, the Arrow keys turn my camera around and make it look up and down)
I can work with the Mouse controls but I've always combined moving around with the camera through the keyboard and look up/down & left/right zooming in and out with the mouse so I'm always reaching for my WASD keys when I like to move my camera around in other strategy games.
ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw
The space bar in most CM games brought up the action menu am I missing something here? Also there are no short cut keys for movement etc
ORIGINAL: OldSarge
I had the same issue initially. There is a file called hotkeys.txt the contains the default bindings for the keyboad in STD/FPS/RTS modes. I found it in the <CMSF2 Folder>\UserData folder. You need to copy it to the <CMSF2 Folder>\Data folder and then your WASD keys should start working again.
HTH

ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw
Varangy, I don't have the letters coming on my action buttons.
ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw
Old Sarge, no Userdata folder appears in my route directory
ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw
Just wonder if Matrix Battlefront people are monitoring the board. new release for Matrix would have thought there would be.
Dummy me got this working now, when said I couldn't find the above mentioned files, because I was looking at the route directory of the original game I still have install on my HD. Still a bit perplexed why there is a need to do this though.ORIGINAL: OldSarge
ORIGINAL: HunterICX
Short cut keys for movement etc. is listed on the buttons.
About the hotkeys, WASD (under any camera setting : default/RTS/FPS) Do not move my camera around.
When I check the hotkeys in that menu, it's a bit of a mess. Some of it isn't binded or things like Zoom in/out is binded on my ESC & TAB keys but when I press them nothing happens.
When I check the controls in the main menu I just got even more questions. It doesn't list what is binded and what isn't. And by the looks of it inputs are missing under the category Game Camera, RTS Camera and FPS camera. (I can make screenshots when I get back home from work tonight)
Apart from that what does work is my mouse controls, some keys do something like Space bar gives me a top down view from high above like a bird's eye view, the Arrow keys turn my camera around and make it look up and down)
I can work with the Mouse controls but I've always combined moving around with the camera through the keyboard and look up/down & left/right zooming in and out with the mouse so I'm always reaching for my WASD keys when I like to move my camera around in other strategy games.
I had the same issue initially. There is a file called hotkeys.txt the contains the default bindings for the keyboad in STD/FPS/RTS modes. I found it in the <CMSF2 Folder>\UserData folder. You need to copy it to the <CMSF2 Folder>\Data folder and then your WASD keys should start working again.
HTH
ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw
Dummy me got this working now, when said I couldn't find the above mentioned files, because I was looking at the route directory of the original game I still have install on my HD. Still a bit perplexed why there is a need to do this though.ORIGINAL: OldSarge
ORIGINAL: HunterICX
About the hotkeys, WASD (under any camera setting : default/RTS/FPS) Do not move my camera around.
When I check the hotkeys in that menu, it's a bit of a mess. Some of it isn't binded or things like Zoom in/out is binded on my ESC & TAB keys but when I press them nothing happens.
When I check the controls in the main menu I just got even more questions. It doesn't list what is binded and what isn't. And by the looks of it inputs are missing under the category Game Camera, RTS Camera and FPS camera. (I can make screenshots when I get back home from work tonight)
Apart from that what does work is my mouse controls, some keys do something like Space bar gives me a top down view from high above like a bird's eye view, the Arrow keys turn my camera around and make it look up and down)
I can work with the Mouse controls but I've always combined moving around with the camera through the keyboard and look up/down & left/right zooming in and out with the mouse so I'm always reaching for my WASD keys when I like to move my camera around in other strategy games.
I had the same issue initially. There is a file called hotkeys.txt the contains the default bindings for the keyboad in STD/FPS/RTS modes. I found it in the <CMSF2 Folder>\UserData folder. You need to copy it to the <CMSF2 Folder>\Data folder and then your WASD keys should start working again.
HTH