Page 1 of 2

1.00.081 update

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:10 am
by AlvaroSousa
WP is in the queue for updating to 1.00.081. We are looking at next week sometime for the update.

We are doing a patch because some players are having graphical issues with the engine conversion from Unity 2017 to Unity 2019 in full screen mode. Unlike 2017, the 2019 version isn't exclusively full screening causing skips with screen edge mouse movements.

If you have the skipping this is the current work around.
Window mode -> minimize windows taskbar (and any other) -> maximize warplan screen -> full screen mode.

As an added goodie I included more fixes I was saving for the next patch. I worked all weekend to get these in.

If you haven't done so please write a steam review. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad. I read them all to get a feel on what is right, what is wrong, and what to improve. It really helps promote the game. Wargamer.com did an article on WarPlan's 1.00.08 patch and mentioned the "positive" steam review.

1.00.081

Fixed graphical and minor bugs from Unity 2019 engine upgrade
Fixed coast resupply bug with fleets
Change HQs may no longer be disbanded for production
Fixed merging 2 divisions together name when none are available
Fixed A.I. advance after combat bug
Fixed Axis in Turkey supply problem by adding supply depot next to Istanbul
Fixed Canadian air ranges
Added Fleets with land units in which the port is occupied can CTRL-right click to unload land unit in an adjacent land hex when the fleet is in port.
Added hotkeys text for the above in the help -> hotkeys section
Added hotkeys for repair and mode "E" and "M"
Fixed naval combat messages
Fixed naval units no longer retreat from ports
Change increased port sizes in Greenland and Azores to fully support a division garrison and air unit
Added Persian Lend Lease route for USSR via event script.
Change -5 production from 225,73 iron resource
Change coast of Norway
Added minefield West of Oslo
Fixed Turkey Axis supply issues if Axis invade
Fixed number of units being built so it doesn't merge with support pool units
Fixed Vichy France logistics
Added "k" hotkey for supply trucks when a land or air unit is selected
Added bomb icons on map to show strategic bombardment damage
Added graphical options menu in main and game menus (options)
Fixed save game centering with non-1x UI scale
Fixed minor country advancedment change bug
Fixed Unity 2019 engine date text bug
Change increase naval ID level increase from 35% to 40% chance
Change lowered slightly search and spotting tables for naval battles
Fixed Options screen offset
Fixed airfield placement
Removed Maginot line in 1941-44 scenarios
Fixed event $GiveUnit now also gives CV air strength to naval group
Fixed scenario flags for Malta and Gibraltar supply isolation
Fixed deployment bug for minors

Thanks for your patience.

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 am
by Nirosi
As an added goodie I included more fixes I was saving for the next patch. I worked all weekend to get these in.

Thanks Alvaro.

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:16 pm
by ago1000
I have a Steam account with a Steam key for my matrix version of the game. I'm just wondering would I be able to upload the beta versions of the game if I move to steam? Is it as easy as with the Matrix version. I see a link in the open Beta section for Steam and I'm assuming that you would copy the files in a similar fashion but probably in a different location on your computer for a Steam game?

Thanks for the update

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 pm
by AlvaroSousa
You would need the beta steam version which right now is 1 version behind. I have not added any betas. I am waiting on 1.00.081 to update.

Steam version would be in another location with the steam beta version.

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:05 pm
by MorningDew
I am curious about this change.

>> Added minefield West of Oslo

I started a new game after deploying the beta files in the beta link (both gamedata and sceanrios). Running EXE dated 9/10/2020 and 1939 Scenario file is dated 9/6/2020.

This is what Oslo looked like for me - I do not see a minefield west of it.


Image

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:49 pm
by AlvaroSousa
It's not in beta. It's in whereever I listed it .08 or .081. I think it's .08

The beta is old version currently.

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:33 pm
by MorningDew
Odd. It showed in the list on the beta post:

September 9th 2020 - Beta 1.00.09U1

Added Fleets with land units in which the port is occupied can CTRL-right click to unload land unit in an adjacent land hex when the fleet is in port.
Added hotkeys text for the above in the help -> hotkeys section
Added hotkeys for repair and mode "E" and "M"
Fixed naval combat messages
Fixed naval units no longer retreat from ports
Change increased port sizes in Greenland and Azores to fully support a division garrison and air unit
Added Persian Lend Lease route for USSR via event script.
Change -5 production from 225,73 iron resource
Change coast of Norway
Added minefield West of Oslo
Fixed Turkey Axis supply issues if Axis invade
Fixed number of units being built so it doesn't merge with support pool units
Fixed Vichy France logistics
Added "k" hotkey for supply trucks when a land or air unit is selected
Added bomb icons on map to show strategic bombardment damage

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:37 am
by MorningDew
Just FYI - my auto updater picked up 1.00.08.01

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:42 am
by MorningDew
Installed patch - still don't see a minefield west of Oslo. Am I missing something?



Image

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:55 am
by malkarma
Are you using the Panzermike map mod?
If that's the case, it's possible that until he updates the mod the minefield will not appear. Same with the Leningrad water road.

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:16 pm
by zakblood
Version 1.00.8.1 just hit steam thanks

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:17 pm
by MorningDew
ORIGINAL: malkarma

Are you using the Panzermike map mod?
If that's the case, it's possible that until he updates the mod the minefield will not appear. Same with the Leningrad water road.

Ah - that might be it. Although other minefields are displayed. Doing a clean install.

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:22 pm
by Surtur
Update is live now also for Matrix version. Use the check for updates button or grab it here

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:25 pm
by MorningDew
Nope - clean install and I still do not show any minefield west of Oslo.

Image

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:28 pm
by malkarma
I have started a new game and the minefields appear at 153,74 and 153,73
Start a new game and check it. They should appear.
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Change increased port sizes in Greenland and Azores to fully support a division garrison and air unit
Azores still appears at a 1 capacity port. Greenland ports are ok.





RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:37 pm
by MorningDew
So odd. As you can see in the image, that is a new game and I do not have minefields.

I removed both the main Warplan folder and the My Games\WarPlan folder and then reinstalled.

Here is the folder after install. Is the date of 8/17/2020 the updated file? You can see from the folder dates that this is as of this morning.

NOTE: EXE is dated 9/17/2020 at 10:57 AM

Image

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:56 pm
by malkarma
In my folder, all the .SCNFiles have the 22/09 date
Maybe there is the issue.
Try this:
1) Make a copy of the campaing folder (just in case).
2) Remove the campaing folder at all.
3) Let the game create a new one.

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:03 pm
by AlvaroSousa
SavedGames
UserSavedData shouldnt be in campaigns

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:05 pm
by MorningDew
Nope - I deleted the Campaign folder. Fired up the game and it warns that the folder is missing. Then reran 1.000.08.01 update that I downloaded from the link above and it reinstalled the 8/15/2020 scenario files.

Alvaro - what file(s) should I look at that would cause the minefield west of Oslo to appear in a new game?

RE: 1.00.081 update

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:15 pm
by AlvaroSousa
The map doesn't change on existing games. Only on new ones.