Page 1 of 1

Are there airplanes in the game?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:18 am
by stenner
So I'm playing yet another game of this game I love, and I get a gift from a goody hut of immobile laser machine guns, they consume energy instead of food and have to be strat. moved around.

But they have a little airplane icon and a stat that says 20/00 and the tooltip says something like "damage to low / high flying aircraft" And I can't find aircraft in the tech tree, but earlier I was reading a post about nuclear engines so what do I know?

But I love aircraft, and this game has really turned me on to wargames in a way I didn't know I would enjoy. I'm looking around for other civ-like war games now, so additionally if you guys know about any game like shadow empire lemme know.

Anyway thanks for any input.

(Re: proof. I have a screenshot and the save game from Beta 8, but I can't upload either for numerous reasons nor can I link an imgur screengrab.)

RE: Are there airplanes in the game?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:42 am
by stenner
We got there.

Image

RE: Are there airplanes in the game?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:42 am
by boomboomf22
I think they may be added in the future. ATM they are not in the game.

RE: Are there airplanes in the game?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:45 am
by sillygoy
Is that an air attack/defense rating? How exciting!

RE: Are there airplanes in the game?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:28 pm
by KingHalford
Looks like it. I think we can say that air forces are confirmed :)

RE: Are there airplanes in the game?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:59 pm
by ASHBERY76
Lasers made Airplanes obsolete.

RE: Are there airplanes in the game?

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:59 pm
by Malevolence
ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Lasers made Airplanes obsolete.

No more than lasers make troopers obsolete. While airplanes have no cover the kill chain remains. The key factor is the capability for target identification-acquisition-tracking, not the kill vehicle.

For airplanes to be interesting in game, we need a good kill chain system and interesting targets to use airplanes against.

RE: Are there airplanes in the game?

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:12 am
by mroyer
> Are there airplanes in the game?
Yes. [:D]